Someone PLEASE help me with this (wedding dress)

I really need some help finding a dress that is right for me, I am not a skinny girl and I really want something that is flattering on my body, I am about a size 12 in normal clothes but I know wedding dresses fit bigger can anyone help me out with maybe a style or something that is flattering also I cant afford much we are having a small wedding with only family thats baout 20 people, so really it doesnt even have to be a wedding dress just a nice formal dress Thank You

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 4:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • TRY A STRAPLESS ALINE AND GO LOOK AT SOME LOCAL DEPARTMENT STORES FOR AFTER PROM SALES I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS FOR $11 DOLLARS A DILLARDS...ITS NOT THE DRESS THAT MAKES THE MOMENT BUT THE EXACT MOMENT YOU BECOME HUSBAND AND WIFE....PLUS YOU CAN ALWAYS DO A DREAM WEDDING LATER ON AFTER YOU'VE BEEN MARRIED A FEW YEARS OR SO...THATS WHAT I'M DOING!!! GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS!!!
    mommi4two

Answer by mommi4two at 6:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Prom dress www.debs.com
    Anonymous

• I don't know if you are familiar with the place but try debs. (for price anyways) after prom is the best prices but can;t help on style
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 4:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sears is where my mil got her dress for my wedding and she's no small woman.
    Anonymous

• I got my dresses at JCPenney. If your not a shy girl get something that accents your boobs just a little enough to distract from any arm pudge (thats what I did any way not that you have arm pudge)
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'd recommend a good quality wedding dress shop. I got my very nicest gown at one. They fit beautifully, and the salespeople will be able to advise you what goes best with your figure type.

Answer by Bmat at 4:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I got my dress for $100.00 (I am a size 16) from craigslist because the girl bought it and then they broke up it was never worn the tags were still on it....that might be a way to go
    Anonymous

• You don't have to be itty bitty to look like a princess on your wedding day! A nice A-line dress is flattering on any shape. I have a friend, who is GORGEOUS and has excellent style btw, who wears around that size. She swears that the halter-top style top is the most flattering on her. If you don't want to spend a lot, try David's Bridal. If you go with the more simple styles then you can find something very elegant for a great price. Just be careful because they get your email address and you home address and they sell it to a whole bunch of people for advertising. That's how David's actually make all of their money and why their dresses are so inexpensive.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ebay!
    artmomma

Answer by artmomma at 5:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009