I just had my daughter on Feb 5th of this year and it feels like i have been wearing a pad every since.

could i have already had my first period

Motheroftwo2002

Asked by Motheroftwo2002 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• I remember wearing a pad for over a month and I didn't get my period back until my daughter was 6 months old.
    Anonymous

• I'm sure it's still just post-partum bleeding. Mine lasted almost 8 weeks, which is a bit on the long side. But not by much.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It could go either way, with both of mine I bled post partum for about 4 week and then got a period that lasted about 7 days so it was about 5 weeks total. But every mom is different.
    JandAddysMom

Answer by JandAddysMom at 4:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was wearing a pad for 26 days exactly after I gave birth to my daughter. I didn't have a "normal" period for almost a year afterwards... everyone is different!.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 4:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I tore pretty badly after I gave birth and my bleeding lasted for over two months.

It eventually healed up as good as new though. ^_^
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 4:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Congratulations!! My first grandchild (a girl) was born on February 5th!!

Anyhow, yes, it is natural for bleeding from a vaginal birth to last the full 6 weeks - when you go in for your 6 week check you can ask your OB then.
    My daughter had a c-section and her bleeding stopped a couple days ago.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:42 PM on Mar. 10, 2009