I have really dry skin. I can't even wear my make-up because my face is so flaky and it looks even worse when i put on my foundation. What is a good moisturizer I can use or does any one know of other ways to help my face?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I just ask this question recently and was told Mary Kay has one thats good for that. If you pm me I will give the info.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 4:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I take a dab of vaseline and a dab of conceiler and aplpy both to the back of my hand. (do not mix) then I take my make up wedge/sponge, and dib it into the vaseline then into the foundation. Pat of extra on a clean spot on your hand. Then I just dab it onmy face, do not rub. I finish off with a translucent powder to keep it from "sliding off" as the day goes on. I have the same problem adn this is what I have to do. Also, I rub a lemon slice on my face every eavening before bed after washing. This helps to even out skins PH adding moisture where needed but controlling oil and acne (if you ahve any)
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I use vaseline when my face gets like that. It is non-comedagenic, so it won't clog your pores. it works wonders.

If you have money to spend, there is a product you may be able to find at some salons called Formula 3-9 (I think) by Erno Lazlo. It rocks my world. Seriously, it's the best stuff ever for super dry skin. But it's over $100 for one measily ounce of the stuff.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 4:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I like Avon's Anew stuff...the retroactive repair cream works wonders
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ok so I totally had the same problem, and figured out a solution maybe you have the same problem. What I realized is not only is my skin on my face dry but theres extra skin that I wasnt getting off with just a washcloth. So I got a pretty rough scrubbie thingy, use gentle soap or facewash on it and scrub my face ( not too hard, but hard enough to clean) then as soon as i get out of the shower I pat my face dry so its still kind moist and use aveeno baby lotion on my face. This seems to work great! Hopefully this helps you out too!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Try Solutions a.m./p.m. Maximum Moisture Day Cream SPF 15 and Night Cream it is amazing! Avon just came out with it and it works well without making your face look oily! www.youravon.com/dhullum also make sure to use an exfoliator at nighttime after cleansing. It will make a huge difference and make your face glow and removes flakes! mark Go With The Grain Light Exfoliating Beads are awesome for dry skin! Make sure not too overwash too! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 11:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My suggestions (Mary Kay).. Miracle Set (normal to dry) is a premium collection of age-fighting products that work together beautifully. The set utilizes the latest in skin care science to bring you the younger-looking skin you want with fewer lines and wrinkles, improved firmness, and more even skin tone. Now with new TimeWise® Day Solution Sunscreen SPF 25* and TimeWise® Night Solution! It includes: • TimeWise® 3-In-1 Cleanser (normal to dry), 4.5 oz. net wt.
    • TimeWise® Age-Fighting Moisturizer (normal to dry), 3.3 fl. oz.
    • TimeWise® Day SolutionSunscreen SPF 25*, 1 fl. oz.
    • TimeWise® Night Solution, 1 fl. oz.
    and the foundation of your choice. Just select the shade of your choice, and it will be included in your Miracle Set (normal to dry). Set...
    And also Extra Emollient Night Cream For extremely dry skin.
    www.marykay.com/smcgarity1
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 12:14 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Mary Kay does have a great moisturizer for dry skin! I am a consultant :) anyway, your foundation will not settle right if you have dry skin but also you need to make sure you are using a proper foundation. If you have dry skin you neeed a foundation for that
    WonderWoman1979

Answer by WonderWoman1979 at 7:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Try Arbonne RE9 products. I have heen using it for years. I love it. Its made with no preservatives. Look up the website or if you want I can get you a sample pack.
    Blewis034

Answer by Blewis034 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2009

• hi i had the same problem along with sensitve skin and adult acne. i was referred to "Origins" and have used it for years now and love the way my skin looks. LIttle pricey but so worth it since i finally found something i love! Still get occasional breakout from the "monthly" but they go away alot quicker. Only thing Mary Kay that i love is their acne spot gel.....otherwise rest breaks my skin out, and my sisterinlaw is a consultant.
    inarutt

Answer by inarutt at 1:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2009