Im so Bummed, Slightly elevated glucose test!!!

I did my test on Friday, but they called me today and said that my test was slightly elevated, could this have been effected by me eating a blueberry muffin before the test??? anyways i have to do a 3hr test, im not looking forward to this at all, has anyone else had this problem.

BigSurprise2

Asked by BigSurprise2 at 4:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's a possibility. I wouldn't worry about it. Most slightly elevated results come back just fine the second time around. I know it isn't fun getting that second test and having to hang out at the doctor's office but I'm sure you'll be fine.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 4:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes it was from the muffin, I had a piece of dried toast before getting mine done and it was slightly elevated. The second test came out fine, but I really beat myself up for eating anything before the test.
    Nobull

Answer by Nobull at 5:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yup, the muffin is the culprit. You are suppose to fast before the glucose test ... not even a stick of gum is allowed because it can sway the results. The 3-hour test is no fun, but it's a heckova lot better than getting a true positive result and end up battling gestational diabetes.

Remember, you must fast before your 3-hour glucose test!! That means no eating after midnight. If you're one of those preggers (like me) who is on a strict feeding schedule, just get to the lab first thing in the morning and bring a good book!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Don't worry too much about it....your doc would rather be safe then sorry...my glucose tests came back a little high, my doc has me test my sugar 4 times a day and sent to to a class on gestational diabetis. They put me on this really crappy diet but today I had an ultra sound bc they were worried that the baby was huge but bc I follow the diet hes a normal 5 pounds 11 ounces...trust me its much easier to follow the diet they'll probably then to have a HUUUUUGGGEEEE baby!!! good luck! =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yea, the same thing happened to me. i took another test and i made sure not to eat or drink anything sweet before and it came out fine the second time. don't worry =)
    jazlenesmommy19

Answer by jazlenesmommy19 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009