Did you know about this? Pro-union executive order

RNC statement on Obama's pro-union executive order

WASHINGTON – Republican National Committee (RNC) Chairman Michael Steele today released the following statement concerning the executive order quietly signed by President Barack Obama on Friday ordering the use of union labor for federal construction projects:

“President Obama’s executive order will drive up the cost of government at a time when we should be doing everything possible to save taxpayer dollars. Federal contracts should go to the businesses that can offer taxpayers the best value – not just the unions who supported the Democrats’ campaigns last year. Quietly signing executive orders to payback campaign backers undermines Obama promise to change Washington. It is a disappointment for Americans hoping for more transparency and less politics as usual in Washington.”

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 4:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• from last Friday sorry
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Just never stops with the moron
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 4:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I guess that Rush fiasco was a smokescreen after all. Color me not surprised. I think they should name a Crayon 'Not Surprised'. I don't know what color it would be, but definitely color me that shade.

Personally, I am amazed that he can sign anything privately and without a teleprompter. Where was the press conference?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is a disappointment for Americans hoping for more transparency and less politics as usual in Washington.”
    **hehe, now who would those hoping Americans be?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• tnmomoffive...

Why YES I did!!! I also understand that Biden gave the speech to a CAMERA FREE room of Union bosses, over the weekend! Publicly saying one thing, but behind closed doors saying the COMPLETE opposite.

NOTHING surprises me with these two dolts.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• SSSSSSSSSSSSSNAKES
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is difficult to see what's going on. ... I was attempting to check into some talk I heard on radio news that Obama was signing an amazing / alarming number of executive orders.
    Back on January 23rd, there was published an article praising Obama for the executive orders he was signing which listed 10 orders they liked. ... but on the White House website, only one executive order is shown for the month of January, on January 30th. The remaining executive orders on the White House website are dated in February. Yet in the White House site's blog section, a Jan. 23rd blog refers to 5 executive orders which are NOT on this White House list of executive orders ... What other laws have happened?

I am left to conclude that indeed there has been a flurry of executive orders getting signed into law - not involving the Legislature - which means laws are happening which go unnoticed unless the Obama team makes an announcement ...
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• all of u who voted for wanted a change looks like ur getting one just not the u want
    heartgirl

Answer by heartgirl at 6:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Very sad. Unions construction workers are expensive and their quality of work is questionable at best in many cases. My dad is in construction they are non union and do better work the guys are paid better with benefits as well. They just don't have to pay the dues and deal with the bull unions cause.
    Anonymous

• IT'S OK WHEN THE DEMOCRATS DO IT
    Anonymous