is octamom going to get to bring her babys home?

does the hospital have the right to tell her that she can not bring her babys home just because people believe that she cant care for them? do you think that she is going to get to bring them home when they are ready.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I sure hell hope not! She can't even afford them! They'll keep your baby even if you can't afford ONE in some states don't they?
    Anonymous

• The hospital has the legal obligation to report any suspect of abuse/neglect or possible abuse/neglect and if they don't follow through and something happens to the babies, the hospital could be liable. They have already contacted social services and social services is involved in the case currently. The children will not be allowed to go home if the living conditions are inappropriate.
    Anonymous

• I believe legally they have that right, the hospital can refuse to release them to a home with proven harm in it. Will they? I doubt it. I think for women over 35 they should be allowed to have three eggs implanted if two children birth or adoption or less. I think under 35 if four children, birth or adoption, then two eggs implanted. More and more multiple multiples are being born. I don't know, maybe a huge huge tax break per year that a couple has no more than four children? We're in a horrid recession, our homes are being lost and jobs so hard to get for so many. Health insurance for elderly, chronically sick, ordinary sick people is so hard to come by. Did the octu. mom lie to the last fertility dr., was he the same dr. who implanted the other babies?
    Anonymous

• Innocent until proven guilty- innocent until proven she can't take care of them. They at least need to give her a chance. She'll come around and eventually she'll accept the help being offered her. No I don't think that the hospital should keep her children unless they have a valid reason- something that she has done- not something that they think she is going to do.
    Anonymous

• They have every right. They are doing exactly what they do to every other parent who has a child in the NICU. They are not picking on her. Preemies are not like full term babies. They need a lot of special care. The hospital has a responsibility to the patient (the babies) to make sure they are safe and healthy. Every parent of a preemie has to prove that they can care for their baby before release from the hospital.

sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Anon 5:13... by the time the hospital has a "valid" reason, one of those babies could be dead. You can't play russian roulette with the lives of preemie infants. It's not like she's taking her driver's test.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 2:38 AM on Mar. 10, 2009