I am considering writing a book and need some Cafemom input

Hi there people,
I am writing a book on the funniest things kids come out with. my kids have done some classics in the past and what started as a personal project has turned into something that I would like to offer out to all the mums out there. I am looking for you to send me some classics that your kids have come out with. For example; When my son was in kindagarten his class was lucky to have a little french student. The teacher was reading to my son then leant over to translate the book to the little french girl. My son started to cry and shake his head. The teacher asked him what was wrong. He said "all of a sudden I don't understand anything anymore". I laughed when the teacher re-played the situation - actions and all.
So maybe a few lines explaining their "classic moments" would be great. Maybe a pic will be needed to but I will let you know. Thanks

Grammy066

Asked by Grammy066 at 4:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a ton of funny stories...My dd comes up with some of the funniest crap!
    mommy2karsyn

Answer by mommy2karsyn at 4:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my son is a 2nd grader and was doing his hw the other night and one of his spelling words was fort. we were talking about diffrent forts...tree fort, snow fort, and i asked if he ever heard of fort bragg (we're from nc). he gave me a look like i had just gone completely stupid and said.. "are you crazy? forts can't talk"
    Anonymous

• We were on vacation last week in my old neighborhood where there are alleys (service roads) behind the house. It's where the garbage trucks come, utility workers, etc. I have a niece named Alison, and we call her Ali for short. Anyway, I was out in the backyard with my son and asked if he wanted to see the "alley" as he had never seen one. So we walked through the gate and he looked around and asked where she was, meaning his cousin "Ali". He walked up and down the "alley" looking for "Ali". It was cute. I stopped calling it an alley and used the term "service road" instead.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• These are great for starters..thanks you.
    Try asking your friends and family to contribute here too. It would be great to have stories about you as a kid next to those your sharing about your kids. So c'mon Mom's dig deep.
    I haven't decided in whether I will be getting an artist to draw some cute pictures in line with the stories or use kids photo's...that will be a "later" decision.
    Another funny story...
    My Grand-daughter (4 yrs old) was reciting the "Pledge of Allegence". I nearly cracked up when she said "Repluckit" instead of "republic". Luckily enough, I caught that moment on video!
    Grammy066

Answer by Grammy066 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• MY FOUR YEAR OLD DAUGHTER GOES TO A MOMS DAY OUT PROGRAM AT A LOCAL CHURCH WHEN I WENT TO GO PICK HER UP YESTERDAY THE TEACHERS WERE SO TICKLED WITH HER BECAUSE A LITTLE BOY IN HER CLASS HAD INTRODUCED HER AS HIS "GIRLFRIEND" AND SHE TOOK ONE LOOK AT HIM AND HELD UP HER LEFT HAND AND TOLD HIM "UMM I DON'T HAVE A RING ON THIS FINGER!" SHE IS SUCH AN INDEPENDENT GIRL SO IT DIDN'T SUPRISE ME WHEN I HEARD THE STORY BUT IT WAS STILL FUNNY BECAUSE I'M SURE SHE WAS DEAD SERIOUS WHEN SHE SAID IT!!
    mommi4two

Answer by mommi4two at 6:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My youngest was in Kindegarten and he comes home and tells me that I had to bake cupcakes & send them in the very next day. I told him what does your teacher think That I'm Betty Crocker so since it was short notice I went to supermarket & bought some made.As he was handing the cupcakes to his teacher he tells her don't ask my mom for cupcakes b/c she isn't Betty Crocker. The look on her face was priceless .... rotflol ....Good Times :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009