What has your child done to you that scared the crap put of you

My DD went through a fase when she was 2 that everything she had went up her nose lol. She has done a lot achually. We went to the store we gave her the cereal box to hold so she would stop crying we didn't knowtest she was taking pieces off of it lol. She said her nose hurt she stuck piece of the cardbord up there so hubby had to buy some tweezers to get it out lol. The a few weeks later she was eating popcorn and stuck a cernal up there I couldn't get it out so I had to call hubby from work, then one time she broke her necklace and took one of the beeds and stuck it up her nose. One time she was jumping on my bed by time I turned around to get her she fell off busted her nose and thought she broke it luckly not. Before thanksgiving she had to get staples in the back of her head because she fell down the stairs and busted her head open. She is always into something lol. She is 4 now luckly my 14 mo hasnt done this yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had the scare of my life several years ago with my youngest daughter. We lived in the woods and the rule was that she could never go outside alone. It was spring time and the bear, coyotes, etc were hungry. I heard the door alarm that goes off when the door is opened at the same time she screamed, I thought my heart was going to stop. When I got out to the deck, she was trying to pull our dog up the steps, with a coyote right behind them. Our dog was trying to protect her and she was trying to protect him. It took me a half a second to chase the coyote away and get them inside safely. She was crying and apologizing because she broke my rule, she said she just couldn't leave the dog out there alone with the coyote. Geesh, I could feel the gray hairs sprouting...I still can every time I think about what could have happened.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 6:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my daughter somehow figured out how to unlock the front door and i was in the bathroom when i came out the front door was wide open when i RAN out the door and found her walking down the sidewalk....I have never been that scared in my life and i immeditly went and bought a chain lock and put it at the top of the door.
    Anonymous

• I propped my DS up on the couch and bent over to take off my shoe and next thing I know I see him flipping head over heels off the couch he landed next to me and he started crying I was so lucky he didnt break his neck or be hurt at all. It just scared the hell outta him. Then once he calmed down was just whimpering I had to go through and ask him if his arm was hurt or his leg, went through every body part and he whimpered at every one. Hes fine and I learned my lesson.
    Anonymous

• my kindergartner got off the bus one day. I was waiting on the porch and- without warning after the bus took off she ran back to the very edge of the road to pick snow up from a pile to eat... I could just see a car whipping by- not paying attention (fortunately they were) ooh I screamed at her so loud for that and then had to explain why she upset mommy so much and to never do that again. she hasn't...

my four year old also likes to try running out in front of cars... one time she decided to get into the almost empty cart corral and dart back and forth under the metal bars right where i couldn't cath her... she wasn't out in traffick but I could see her darting out in front of a car...

i reserve spanking for events or occurences wherein the wrong doing could cause more pain than my hand on the booty... that time she most certainly got spanked....
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My 10 month old grandson gave me the fright of my life last summer. He was sleeping in his playpen (I thought) and I was laying in bed reading. (A Steven King novel, yet!) when all of a sudden this little, cold, wet hand grabbed the back of my neck! I jumped and screamed and came down on all 4's on the far side of the bed. I peeked up over the edge and he clapped his hands and said "Do it agwain, Gwamma, do it agwain!" I didn't know he had learned to get out of the playpen, and he did it without a sound! I nearly peed myself in fright!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My daughter and my neice were playing outside with my SIL, she turned her back for two secs and our girls dissapered. we freaked. I started running down the street hollering for them and found them at the park about a block away.that was easily the scariest day of my life
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• pagan mom thats so funny
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My eldest dd was playing at my grandmothers with some cousins and ran between a table and swing that someone tied together with a piece of cable and basically hung herself. My youngest dd climbed out of my lap and tripped on a shoe and hit her chin on the carving on the coffee table, leaving about a one inch gash. I didn't see the blood at first but when I did I panicked. And last summer the youngest dd got out of the Osh Kosh outlet (I thought my mom had her and mom thought I had her) and was found riding the carousel just outside the door. I nearly beat her for that but instead she and I stayed in the car every where else we stopped that day and she still had to sit in the corner when we got home. She hasn't pulled that stunt again.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 6:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I know what you mean lol I forgot that one. One time I was putting clothes away at the time my DD was 2 and she was beign really quiet I went to check on her and the door was wide open and unlocked. I couldn't find her nor the dog anywhere some lady brought her back to me that lived around the corner from me I thanked her and I was like oh my god lol. She got into a kiddy pool the dog was with her and when the lady tryed to take her by the arm to take her back home she said the dog would not let her touch her which was kind of good but not lol. The dog stayed by her the whole time lol. Now there is a latch way up where she cant reach it lol. Luckly she new where she lived to tell the lady. I have never been that scared what to tell everyone if I couldn't find her. (Fom the person that poested) lol
    Anonymous

• LORIW WOW that would be scary. I am glad she was ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009