what can i do about my hair?

my hair is naturally curly but its out of control. if i straighten my hair it gets really flat and lifeless. it used to be very thick but not anymore. any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have a similar problem : my hair is wavy, but so heavy that most of the wave gets pulled out and just left on the ends, which looks terrible. When I straighten it, it seems really flat sometimes. What I would suggest is if you want to wear it curly, talk to your stylist to get a cut that works with the natural curl and find out what products to use to keep it under control. If you want it straight, put mousse just at your roots, blow dry your head upside down until the roots are completely dry. Flat iron it to get it nice and smooth and give your ends a little curl. Then section off the top of your head. Take each section and hold it straight up in the air, spray the roots with Rusk w8less hairspray and hit them with a blow dryer while still holding them up in the air. Finger comb into place, trying not to disturb the roots more than necessary. That usually gives me a bit of volume.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 5:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My hair when straightened used to be really flat as well. I tried a couple hair products that were straighteners. (like cream you put in your hair when wet) and blow dry it to straight, Seemed to work pretty well then I would touch up the rest with the straightener. Or you could always buy like an actual relaxer or get it done to your hair if you really dont want your hair like that. or maybe try getting a perm with bigger curls, maybe this would make them more regular and neat.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Hello, im a hair dresser and see this often. this is how i would handle it. buy a volumizing move and work it into your roots..then blow dry your hair upside down . After, section your hair into small section straiten your hair as usual but first spray a fast drying hairspray at the base of the strand your working with, then straiten it ...do every piece of your hair like this. when your done , you will look like madeuca.lol..brush your hair out lol and their you go great, full volumized hair!
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 6:29 PM on Mar. 10, 2009