can u afford a massage with the economy?

hi i am a massage therapist and i was just wondering if any of you ladies feel like you could afford a monthly massage with the way the economy is right now? I am just wondering because i wonder how my clientele is going to get. now mind you most of my clients are coming to me because of pain, not just to pamper. I appriecitate the time ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My insurance covers massages with only a $12 co-pay. I get a 30 minute massage for $12 and to me its worth it. Otherwise, I would have the DH do it cause I can't afford to pay full price for a massage.
    Anonymous

• I used to be able to afford at least 2 a month, but where I go I get an hour for $50. I don't know how much you charge. We cannot really afford it right now, but I am trying to get the money because my shoulders are in knots lately.
    Anonymous

• I would LOVE to give myself a spa day, but just as you guess- there is no way I can justify it. And actually, I don't think the economy is affecting us much b/c my hubby has a good, secure job. But we are just at that point in our lives that we always here our parents talk about: poor!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I can afford it. My cousin is in school to become a massage therpist lol, and work in a salon so we trade services for free lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I can afford it, I just don't do it. I don't like strangers touching me, I have personal space issues. But I could afford it if I wanted to go. Instead I use my "therapy" to go shopping!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I found a place locally that does an hour for $50, but then I got even luckier! The back of the receipts at the grocery store I shop at has coupons on it and the therapist had a $10 off a one-hour massage coupon on there. I figured it was a sign. LOL
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 5:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sadly, NO. I cannot afford massages, even if the insurance does cover them for medical reasons. But don't fret, especially since you are doing them more for medical reasons than pampering. A lot of insurance companies will pay for them now.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes I go two times a month!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i have only gotten one in my life and if i could afford it i would do it all the time! it was great! the only reason i got to go is bc my DH suprised me with a gift card for a one hour for Christmas.
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 11:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• thank you ladies but i know in my state at least insurance will not cover a massage unless it is in a doctors office. so im not that lucky on that end but it is nice to see what people think about it. thank you very much! :)
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009