Do you think theres a difference between using the term Jesus Christ and using the "N" word?

I posted a video in the newcomers club and it was a joke and it used the word Jesus Christ and some mom told me that was just as bad as using the N word ans i really dont think those 2 can even be compared... what do you think?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 5:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It's different for every person. Just like some "potty words" are offensive to some people and fluently spoken by others. Personally, I cannot stand it when someone says either of those words. So, really, it totally depends on the person.

DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I do find them equally offensive. The difference for me, personally, is that JC is an exclamation- just kinda flies out. The N-word isn't like that. Not saying I think JC is okay... we need to control ourselves!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well, the bible says do not take the Lord's name in vain. The N word is just a made up word that pisses people off. Besides, the N word is in the dictionary and its literal meaning is an ignorant person, so who cares if you are black, white, whatever, if you are ignorant you can be called the N word!
    Anonymous

• Personally, for me, when someone says JC, and it's not in reference to him as a person and in reference to the Bible, I do get offended. I think it depends on the person and their views. Like I said, I don't agree with it, and as a Christian, it really bothers me when someone does say it in vain. Neither should be said. (Unless it's in a positive way, with Jesus Christ)
    ItalianMomma04

Answer by ItalianMomma04 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Personally I dont care if someone says JC, but I am not religious. If I hear the N word, it makes me think that people need to grow up, and realize all that comes with that word.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• uh, are you kidding me?
    artmomma

Answer by artmomma at 5:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't get offened with JC...its something that tends to slip out. Do I use it? No. However N* is a specifically derogatory term...that unfortunately has become "cool" to use.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous at 4:08, which dictionary are you looking at and on what page? Visit this link for the Merriam-Webster definition of the "N-word".  Common Sense Warning: do not visit the page if you do not want to see the n-word.

I do not use the n-word. period. I would never under normal circumstances say "Jesus" as an expletive mostly because it is offensive to others although it does not offend me at all.

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 5:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When used in a derogatory manner, they both make me cringe.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't offended by either term. I'm black and I both use and love the word N***a. I don't usually use JC but when I'm frusterated it might slip out, but the N-word I'll use it when talking about others in my race.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009