For moms in their 30's-40's. Did you not go through this?

Did you think when you were in your 20's you knew it all and didn't need anyone's advice/help. Now that you are older do you laugh at it all looking back at how immature you were when you thought you were so grown?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im not in my 30-40s yet, but I know I dont know everything, I also know I am very immature.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh yes! And talking to women in their 50's and 60's - they think the same thing about their 30's and 40's.
    We are always learning, growing, changing. Anyone who thinks they know everything hasn't seen very much yet. The more we see, the more we understand just how little we know. No matter what age.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Absolutely. I see women in their 20's and think," was i like that," then realize i was and think, "NO wonder the women that were in their 30's and 40's found me annoying!!!"
    Anonymous

• I do that and I'm 28. I was 19 when I had my daughter - definitely thought I was a know it all. BUT I will say I was very mature for my age but still didn't know EVERY thing. I'm always learning something new :)
    Anonymous

• Oh Lordy yes! I think back when I was in my early to mid 20's and SEE how I was and shudder. I know I will probably do the same when I am 50...LOL. I have calmed down so much. I don't worry about dumb stuff so much and I think I have a better idea about whats important in life and these piddly things that the teens and twenties argue about on CM, arent; worth spitting at.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Nope, I've always had good sense. When I was pregnant, I read every book I could get my hands on. I took the advice of my elders that made sense and tossed what didn't. Some of us young moms are responsible and take parenting seriously :) I've made some mistakes of course but unlike some, I've learned from them and moved on. I'll be 30 in July. I've made a career of child care and love it! I learn more every day and look forward to growing as a person, provider and as a parent heading into my 30's.
    TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 5:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had my first baby at 21, I sure didn't think I knew everything. I read everything I could find on experts advice on raising kids. Now I am in my 40's, I've learned by experience but I still don't think I know everything. One thing I have learned is not to worry about what the experts say, it's just a matter of opinion. I follow my insticts and am much more laid back, and so are my kids. I think I do a lot better now, but when raising kids, you never stop learning.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 6:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yes and no.
    When I hit 30 a whole new world opened up for me as far as what I understood,etc.

I was never one who thought I knew it all because I didnt and I still dont. However, Im more secure in my knowledge and abilities then I was in my 20's. I also wasnt immature, I have my moments of course but by and large its not my nature to be that way(sounds odd but if you knew me you'd get it LOL).
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I most definately laugh at myself. I have loved my 30s and know I don't have it all figured out, my mom was right about everything and most people older than me are not wrong and out of touch. I have learned to listen to others, ask for advice and be content.
    Anonymous

• I don't know... a little bit I guess. I'm almost 40 and sometimes I think I had more sense when I was 25. Maybe having too many kids kills off brain cells or something...

Really though, when I was 25 I was pretty confident, but never thought I knew it all. Maybe I was a know it all when I was 20, but that was a really long time ago so I don't remember. ^_^

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009