Anyone have any questions about your teen?

Just ask me and I can try to explain why they act the way they do. Be kinda specific though so I can figure out whats going on with them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yeah, ok. Why are you posting anonymous if you are offering help?
    Anonymous

• Cuz ppl will think I'm too young to answer
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ok here goes. My son is 13 and he likes to BMX bike. He met a boy at the bike park that is 17 and wants to teach him tricks. problem is the boy is now hanging out with my 13 year old boy and his friends. I have met him and he seem s nice but I know this is just wrong. any advice would be great.
    pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 5:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I like to get my teen advice from older moms who have "been there". Its no offense to you personally, but I don't feel that a teen or younger persons perspective is going to coincide with what I want for my daughter.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 5:59 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• well thats your opinion but I've been there too but I also know what its like being a mother even at a young age since I have my own daughter and raised her myself and supported her and pretty raised all my nieces and nephews and help my 16 year old sister out.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 6:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• He probably just wants to be a mentor to your son but also be his friend and they have something in common so I don't think theres anything wrong with having older friends just as long as he's being a good influence on your son.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• honestly i didnt think of anything about that until last night - my son also likes to bmx bike and skateboard and an older child befriended him - well lately he has been getting angry and his personality changed, i made him take an at-home drug test and he has been smoking pot... my son started hanging out with him last year and now my baby is only 14 and i have a tough road ahead of me - follow your instincts if you dont feel comfortable with it then end it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• To the Op- so are you a young adult or a teen?
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:11 PM on Mar. 10, 2009