c-section

About how long does it take to fully recover from a c-section?

MiMiBreezy

Asked by MiMiBreezy at 5:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• One year for your body to fully recover. But as far as feeling "back to normal," it depends on the person. For me, it was about 3 months.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• two weeks till you're allowed to drive, about the same till i was walking and moving completely normal, 3-6months befor i wasnt really feeling that tingling of the nerves coming back, and still workin on getting rid of the pooch when i got prego again at 9 months later. they say it can take up to two years for both scars to fully heal though.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 5:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think it varies from person to person, but for me, it was almost 3 months before I could bend, sit, stand, and move like normal. I still have twinges every now and then at the "corners" of my incision, and my OB told me that because that is where they start and stop the sutures sometimes those points hurt for a while. Keep in mind that a c-section is MAJOR abdominal surgery, and you need time to heal and recover.
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It really depends on how your body heals. I've talked to women who were back on their feet and back to their normal selves after 2 weeks. I've also talked to women who have experienced the opposite end of the spectrum, and it took them a year+ to recover.

Talk to your doctor, and follow the instructions that he/she gives you for recovery. From what I've observed, it seems like those who followed instructions to a T recovered in an adequate amount of time.
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• About 6 weeks is when you are able to get back to working out and everyday life.... 1 year, hmm. I don't know about that long but I still have numbness on my belly, 1 year later. They cut those nerves so sometimes they never go back but it doesn't affect my life in any way, I just don't like that area to be touched. I am a little more sensitive and every now and then they will be some minor pain. All side effects of major surgery I guess.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Fully, they say 1-2 yrs(depending on your dr).

From the stitches/staples and able to go full steam ahead with your life(sex, housework, etc) 6 wks. Although if you arent feeling 100%, dont push it.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think this all depends on you I had a c section and was walking around hospital 6 hours later. Back in my jeans 1 week and after they took out the staples I think I was back to normal in like 3 weeks. I think that it all depends on your pain tolerance. For me I wanted to be up and moving around not wanting to stay down and sore.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• 3 months
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009