Is this finally going to mean anything?

I lost my mucous plug at 34 weeks. Then again at 38 weeks. I didn't even know that was possible, but appariently it can regenerate itself. Now I just came out of the bathroom a bit ago and I had oldish brown blood smears and red blood smears on my toilet paper. Could this finally be something substantial that means labor is near!? I'm 39 weeks pregnant and so ready to have this kiddo, lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had stuff like that alot my last week of pregnancy, but I got induced so I dont know if that means labor is coming...I wish I would have stuck it out. My best advice is to walk alot, the more I walked the more came out and the closer my contractions got. Good luck, and congrats.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 5:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Not sure but I always heard red, new blood is bad.... I'd call the doc and ask
    Anonymous

• New blood may mean that you are dilating and the blood vessels in your cervix are breaking (this will happen more as you dilate more) The plug does regenerate, but this could mean something. Are you having alot of braxton hicks? If you are try squatting slightly during them, this wil help them to start being effective, and hopefully will get bay further engaged so when labor does start it will be easier. Good luck!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• you should always call your dr if you have red blood of any kind. but it does sound like maybe your cervix is starting to dialate and sometimes when that happens your blood vessels in your cervix attend to break and cause some bleeding.
    Anonymous