Do you ever think your not good enough for your child?

I know I am a great mom, and I love my DD more than anything. But sometimes(usually right as she falls alseep) I start thinking that she deserves the best and I dont know if thats me. I know I do a great job, but Im no where near as perfect as she is. She is just so wonderful, and I know that to her I am too. But she doesnt know all of my flaws yet, and I dont want her to ever know them...Does anyone else feel this way?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 5:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope. I do the best that I can and wouldn't change a thing.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. To feel this way just shows how much you do care for her and what a good mom you really are.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• *nods* Yup, I know that one too. But then I think, there's a reason God gave these kids to me, or me to them. . .all I can do is my best, and pray a lot. The rest will take care of itself.

*hugs*
    crzy_joy

Answer by crzy_joy at 5:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It isn't that I don't feel I am good for my son. I know I am his mother and I love him more than anyone else in this world could. As his mother, I have a bond with him that nothing can compare. I know I am a great mom and I do everything I can to be a great mom. But I do sometimes feel like maybe I can do better. I am not doing enough of this or I am going too much of that. I don't feel like anyone can be a better mother to him, I just feel like maybe I can be a better mother. Does that make sense?
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No I don't. I am an awesome mom and I know there is not one other mom in the world that could raise my daughter better than me.

You ARE the best mom for your daughter. After all she chose you to be her mom!
    Anonymous

• I totally hear you. Sometimes I think that I need to be a better Mother. I don't really know what else I should be doing, but I sometimes feel inadequate.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I just wanted to add: I grew up thinking my mother was the best mother in the world. At 24, I still think that. My mother could do no wrong in my eyes growing up and I still think that. She always says she wishes she had done this and that differently. But to me, she is the perfect mother I try to be. The simple fact that you feel this way is one thing that makes you a great mother. No matter what, your child will love you!
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 5:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Not so much that, but I often wonder what I did to make them have the challenges they have every day.
    Anonymous

• I know what you mean. But remember, parent's job is not show off our perfectness, but to guide and prepare children for life, including disappointments and failures. You know children learn from our action, not words. "I have flaws, but I deal with it" or "I'm not perfect but I do my best" attitude is far superior learning than a practically perfect in every way mom. A successful life is not all about doing things perfectly. For that reason, I have a philosophy when it comes to parenting: love a lot, show my weakness, stay positive, and if I didn't do my best on that day, just try again next day. This has helped me a lot.
    Meachan

Answer by Meachan at 7:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I think that way, but i think it's because i'm too hard on myself. I feel guilty when I'm not with them, which is hardly ever. When I get stressed out than I really start to bash myself. But no matter who you are, if you're around, and you do your best for them, your children will love you unconditionally.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009