Embarrassing, orgasm question. Normal?? TMI

So last night Hubby was down there.... it's been a while b/c I'm so sensitive and not usually in the mood. Well, when I was about to "O", my stomach started twitching/contracting and got rock hard!!! I finally went but it was the weirdest feeling ever.... :o( Then my baby didn't move like normal for hours, actually until a few hours ago. So.... is this normal?
I'm so embarrassed, I can't possibily put my name on this question! Thanks for any help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely normal! Your babe probably didn't move because your uterus rocked him/her to sleep. You will "contract" during an orgasm, in fact before you get pregnant these contractions help the sperm on it's way to the egg. Very normal, and your baby is ok, some will get more hyper, but mine (like yours seems to) would always get really calm afterwards.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• orgasims make u contract and babys r different when u orgasim my bab was be still for like 2 hr after sex i think the orgasim rocked him to sleep everything u r saying is normal
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Sex often lulls baby to sleep.

"Cramping during and after an orgasm is very common and harmless during a normal, low-risk pregnancy." - What To Expect When You Are Expecting

"Cramping is not a sign that sex is hurting the fetus." - What To Expect When You Are Expecting

Anonymous

• Totally normal...no need to worry.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LOL you need to read what to expect when you're expecting...there was a question Identical to yours. Basically an orgasm does make your uterus contract (no more than a strong BH). But after orgasm, your body releases hormones and endorphins that give you a happy, calm, sleepy feeling. Obviously those will have some effect on baby too, but its nothing to worry about. You basically found natures perfect way of making sure baby takes a nap while in your uterus LOL!! If ever you can't sleep because LO is kciking, just enjoy a good orgasm!! As long as doc says its ok though!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 5:51 PM on Mar. 9, 2009