Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Vaginal Boil:TMI

Alright so I have a sore that had started out as a red bump now it has a sore with pus and after researching it I'm pretty sure it's a boil it's located on my labia slightly inside the entrance. I know that they can come and go. So what I'm wondering is ,do I have to make an appointment to find out or can I just go in?It really burns. Not when I urinate though just in general espcially if my clothes rub against the sore. Don't bash either because I only have sex with my SO. If it is an STD then me and him will be having some big time issues and I won't tolerate his actions. Also what will they do, test wise?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

Answers (6)
  • HMMM not sure what they will do but I am sure a Doctor can properly diagnose you and possibly make it heal faster than you trying a bunch of over the counter stuff. Just go ASAP No women deserves to be in pain.... I have had a couple of boils in my life under my arm and they are very painful Good luck

    Answer by pepperannrocks at 5:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • well depending on the size they may want to lance it and drain it if it truly is just a boil which it probably is. they will test the puss to see what it is. you can call your dr and make a apt or you can just go into the ER. its up to you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • It's not an STD and any woman can get it so only ignorant people will bash.

    If you're really uncomfortable, I'd make an appointment to have it lanced and cleansed really well so it doesn't come back. Otherwise, you can put warm compresses (washcloth) down there a few times a day to help soften it and get it to pop on it's own. You want to make sure that area stays really clean so other bacteria doesn't get in the open wound.

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • I had something similar, it was a cyst in the bikini area right wear your underwear would rub and mess with, sometimes it would get bigger, then smaller, then bigger again...If I squeezed it puss would come out. I went to the Dr, and had the cyst cut out....Go get it checked out, it might be a cyst

    Answer by midnightmoma at 6:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • I would go to the ER right away. My daughter had a boil and it turned into MRSA (a staph infection) so just go and get checked just incase

    Answer by MomAt15woah at 6:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

  • If it is a boil (and it sounds like it is), do warm compresses, keep the area clean, and it will pop on it's own. I had one and I thought if I popped it, it would feel better, but those suckers won't pop unless they are ready to or if you lance it. My Dr. said never try to lance it yourself, come into the office & they will do it. Other than that, all you can do it wait, I know they hurt like crazy, but when it pops you will feel so much better! Good Luck!

    Answer by Inkedmommy007 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.