Sitting up

How much did your baby weigh when he/she could sit unsupported by his/her hands? My son is 6 months and can sit supported with his hands really well but as soon as he goes to grab for a toy, he topples. So I'm wondering if he weighed more if it'll help. He's 15 lb right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine right now is the same way..6 months old, 15 lbs and can balance with 1 hand..otherwise topples over..and the dr says it is fine..he will learn some faster then others,.my daughter sat before then and weighed around 11 lbs..soo I dont know if it has anything to do with weight or not
    AProudUSMCWife

Answer by AProudUSMCWife at 6:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't think weight has anything to do with it. It's more about muscles. My 6 and 1/2 month old sits up unsupported now but just 2 weeks ago she couldn't. I think they all start off that way and slowly build the muscles to go unsupported.
    VBeachMommy

Answer by VBeachMommy at 8:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I agree with Vbeachmommy, It doesn't have much to do with weight, my son weighed 13lbs and was able to sit up on his own. It just takes time for them to develop the strength to do it on their own. One day you are just going to watch him and he will be doing it on his own. :)
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 8:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my boy is 16lbs, be 6 mo on the 19.
    Momma_Neko

Answer by Momma_Neko at 11:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2009