For the People that dont believe the bible and Jesus? Do you believe that if you were to die today that you will go to heaven? If so Why?

Cause the bible says in John 3-3, john 5-24

ytapia

Asked by ytapia at 5:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• If they don't believe in the Bible or Jesus they probably don't believe in Heaven either.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes because believe
    heartgirl

Answer by heartgirl at 6:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If I dont believe in the bible why would I believe the scripture you posted? It means nothing to me at this point in my life.

I dont believe in heaven(or hell) anymore. I believe there is a waiting place, so to speak, before we are reborn or before we join with the divine. However, I wouldnt call it heaven as its not a permanent spot.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 6:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• ReneeK: It's statements like that that just prove how little people know about other beliefs.

No, I don't believe in the Bible as being "The word of God". I think it's a great spiritual book but not a steadfast rule book. I believe Jesus to be a great master and teacher but not "The Only Way". And yes, I absolutely KNOW that if I died today I would be going straight to heaven.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Jesus said that if any man comes any other way he is a thief and a robber. Don't be a thief and a robber. Just submit yourself unto him and obey.
    mommiejay453

Answer by mommiejay453 at 6:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• jenettyshome...note that I said PROBABLY! Also, note that the person above you doesn't believe in the Bible, therefore doesn't believe in Heaven. It was a generalization. Sorry you misunderstood.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I can say i don't believe in organized religion. I also don't believe the bible word for word, it has been written and re-written making it less reliable by corrupt men wanting submission from its followers. Translations are lost and interpretations are easily miscued... Do I believe we started from something great... yes, is there a Jesus, I don't know. But to answer your question, no I do not believe in a heaven that only those that CLAIM to live by the bible out of fear will get in, and I don't believe in a fiery hell... I don't believe there is such a thing as an evil soul, I think we were all born pure and the world and its wicked ways screwed up that purity. I think the person and the soul are too different things and God will not punish the soul for the bodies actions. When we die I think the soul is set free and the body laid to rest.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well, I don't believe in the bible as the word of God, because I don't believe in a God, so I can't believe Jesus is his son, if I don't believe in a God..

soooo....since I don't believe in the above.. I dont believe in an after life either. I believe when you die, you die.. and that's it.
    so.. no I don't think I'm going to heaven or hell because I don't believe in there existance.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Agnostic answer:
    Well, maybe...I personally think of "heaven" as a wonderful place where we are at our happiest. I take a little from Buddhism and believe in reincarnation....and i think we can choose to come back to earth for our souls to learn more, or hang out in our original "home" for a while, if we even decide to go back to earth at all....

I believe that whoever created me, gave me a questioning mind for a purpose. And that my creator wants me to lead a good life. I do not believe my creator has a set religion that i have to follow in order to find spiritual happiness. Thats one reason there are so many! It gives my free will the oppurtunity to explore my world and decide how i want to participate.

And with my personal beliefs about the bible in general, I do not feel that jesus is the only way. Even if its printed in a book.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When I die, my body will cease to function and my consciousness will cease to exist.  There will be no heaven and there will be no hell.  I will go to my grave with happy memories of a life well lived,  loved and godless.

BTW scripture means absolutely nothing!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009