If you support a national health care plan, please explain why.

I am not looking to start a bash-fest. I am just curious what the thought process is of those who support national health care. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because they spend less, live longer, and have a lower infant mortality rate. They're doing something right.
    Raintree

Answer by Raintree at 6:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Because nobody should charge me $300 a month to cover my dd and then still expect a co-pay during her doc visits, which are only 2 to 3 times a year.
    randi1978

Answer by randi1978 at 6:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i worked in health care and you would be surprised how many people do not have health insurance. and the people that did some had terrible coverage and don't know what they are going to do. i work in optometry-eyes. so if people have this many problems with eye care what are they facing when they go the the er, or have a serious illness. plus if fell bad for all the kids out there that does not have coverage because there parents cant afford it and they don't qualify for medicaid. i worked in Austin, TX and my 5 Dr's would have gift of sight month and we worked with the school to give kids glasses that could not afford them and did not qualify for medicaid. do yes i think that the government should come up with something to help out this problem. just basic coverage. medical, vision and dental, anything that is not medically necessary should not be covered you should have to pay that out of pocket

twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 6:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Personally, I believe that there should be universal health care for all children up to the age of 18. I don't think that any child should be without health care. Health care shouldn't be a luxury but a basic human right just like clothing, food and shelter. No child should suffer because of there parents inability to provide quality health insurance.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Because every legal resident deserves to have health care. I believe in universal health care for kids up to age 18. (Some states have programs like this already.) And I like the idea of President Obama's affordable health care for everyone. He's not proposing Universal Health Care. Hilary did that.

You think you have freedom and control to chose and be treated now but in reality the insurance companies determine the care you get.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i think that they should have it for every one at an affordable rate not free health care, i paid for health care for my last pregnancy and it was really expansive and then i had to pay another 600 an top of the 300 i was paying a month to cover the rest of the bill and it still didn't cover it. and after a few months of being pregnant i could not afford the health insurance any more because of the economy.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 7:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Oh, you are right JackalsWife. It will be soooooo much better when the government can determine who we see and how much coverage we will have. They get to decide if something is medically necessary. I feel so much better now.

Unless you are old, terminally ill, have progressed cancer and need expensive life extending drugs. If that's the case, then I guess you are sh*t out of luck.

Anonymous

• I feel there should be some sort of health care reform, but I am not in support of universal health care run by the government. They don't even run the departments they have now efficiently, why would I want to turn my healthcare over to them and let them handle it like they do everything else? No thanks.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I just think our privatized healthcare should be tweeked some.Making it more affordable but not by government.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

Whoa. Take a break from your sarcasm. You're not very good at it. Do you even know Obama's plan? You must not to have written what you wrote. Isn't that exactly what insurance companies do though? Decide how sick you are nd if they'll cover what you need?

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009