How can I find homes for rent in my area?

I live near Jackson,TN and we are looking to move soon but we don't know how to find out about homes for rent except to just drive around and look for signs in the yard!!!! And we DONT want an apartment. Any suggestions?

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 6:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Home & Garden

• craigslist.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The newspaper, maybe look up the rental agencies in that area, or look online at the chamber of commerce for that city?
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• The best really is to just drive around. Thats what I did; drove around looking for "For rent" signs and taking down the phone number and address of the house then making a lot of calls to see if it was what I was looking for. Good luck!
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My first thought was to go to the grocery store or really any other store and look at the magazine stands outside near the newspaper rack for Renter's Digest or other publications like it. They are free. These stands are usually located just at the front door or just inside the front door.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 6:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If you get any great ideas pass them this way :-) my husband and I live in a dinky two bedroom apt. withour two daughters and we are pregnant withour third child and need to find a house quick!!
    mommy_4ever

Answer by mommy_4ever at 10:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• call a realtor in the area you want. Ask them to email you a list of rental homes in the price range you are looking for. You can narrow it down by bedrooms/baths, schools, neighborhoods, etc.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:33 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Google search.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 12:40 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Go to apartment finder.com
    Yellowrose9

Answer by Yellowrose9 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 10, 2009