Do you like your parents? Seriously.

Is your father in the image of someone you married or would like to marry? Hope that makes sense. Do you wish your parents didn't marry because in your opinion, your mother made a mistake or visa-versa? If yes, why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• My father and mom divorced when i was 3 bc he molested my half sister (not his bio child). I have no father to compare my husband to. ...I honestly wish that my mom would've remarried. I believe it would have prevented a few mistakes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I wish my parents weren't my parents. I have wished I was adopted since I was a kid. Too bad I look just like my father and my mothers mother so I can't deny that.
    Anonymous

• My parents are great and they always have been. I am fortunate to have them. I try to be like my mom when it comes to raising my kids. My husband's dad abandoned him when he was 6 and now my dad has become a father figure to my husband. I see a lot of my dad in my husband and it makes me so happy. My dad is a great example for my husband.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 6:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My parents were not right for each other but they were good parents to and for me. My dad could be distant and a control freak. I tend to be drawn to men like that but the rebel in me (and my mom) was to fight that control thing. So now I'm involved with a controller but don't live with him. It works out well.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I despise my parents but tolerate them because they have custody of my oldest dd.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 6:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Yeah, I'm the OP and I wish my mom didn't marry my father. She'd be alive today, if she hadn't. Besides, he was there but never did anything worth a damn for any of us. He had a great paying career and so did she, but she did everything. To the point where although married, she took him for child support. Even to this day, he gambles his hard earned money away. Wasteful.
    Anonymous

• I love my parents.  My father passed away last year and I miss him dearly, he was such a wonderful father and my husband is like him in many ways.  My parents had a long and happy marriage.  My father passed away 5 days before their 49th anniversary.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No. My dad died 10yrs ago-he had a massive heart attack at the age of 40 from being a work-aholic, weed smoking, cocain sniffin, alcholic, pill popping, cheating, over eating, sexual abusing man. Pretty much if its a sin, it killed him..
    I love my mom but we dont get along! When dad died when I was 16. My life went to shit. I had to stop being a teen so i could be at home with mom. shes afraid to be alone. I am 25. 1 child a DH & we all live with her. she is controlling. she judges everyone. she says shes not racist-i think diffrent. .... the list can go on...
    Anonymous

• I love my mom with all my heart but if my father dies today i would go to the funeral and pi*s on the grave I hate my father he was abusive to my mom and sm #1. He told me i was a bad mother all because i couldnt afford to drive from ohio to Alabama to spend a week with him even though he hadnt talked to me for 3 years now goin on 4. I unfortunally did marry a guy kind of like him i wish i didnt now but we all make mistakes. And i do think my mom made a HUGE mistake marrying my father. Now I have a dad that i love and he loves me and dd as if we were his blood
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• As the OP, I'd simply like to thank all of you for sharing. I can't imagine the pain, some of you feel. I asked this question b/c we can't choose our parents, unfortunately, and even as full adults, our parents sometimes continue to disappoint us. It's like, many of them never learn or change. God bless all of you and for those who adore their parents, that's truly a beautiful thing to have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 10, 2009