Bad breath problem..Eh

So I was curious on what to do..

I have honestly neglected my teeth a tad bit lately (bad I know..) But now Im starting to have bad breath and my teeth arent so white anymore..

Besides going to the dentist, is there anything I can do to improve the look of my teeth (cheapest, fastest way possible..if possible lol) and of course kill that dreaded bad breath problem?!

Also I want to note that I am breastfeeding my almost 5 month old! Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Get a whitening toothpaste, some whitening strips and use listerine.
    Anonymous

• You NEED to see a dentist. Just using the whitening stuff won't help with the other health issues. Your body is in hormonal turmoil having just had a baby, and this sometimes contributes to gum disease. If you haven't had the dentist checking during your pregnancy, you could very well have the beginnings of gum disease. And it won't go away with whitening stuff. Bad breath is a tell-tale sign that you could definitely have some gum disease starting. My daughter had a bad issue with this and the bad breath was due to the gum disease.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 6:18 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• big red gum helps with bad breath.
    Anonymous

• Chewing gum is one of the best methods to help with bad breath . That and brushing your teeth (Number One!). There was a study done on that. Good Luck :)
    Anonymous

• If it is persistent bad breath then try brushing with hydrogen peroxide. But I would reccomend getting to see a dentist to make sure you don't have bigger issues going on.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• THE MOST COMMON REASON FOR BB IS NOT BRUSHING THE BACK OF THE TONGUE. THIS IS CALLED " HALITOSIS ". THAT IS WHEN PLAQUE BUILDS UP. YOU WILL NEED TO GO SEE YOUR DENTIST TO DIAGNOSE THIS. IF YOU DO HAVE THIS THE DENTIST WILL NEED TO SCRAPE YOU TONGUE.

CHEWING GUM IS NOT THE ANSWER.

AS FOR THE WHITTENING ISSUE. CREST WHITTENING IS ONE OF THE BEST YOU CAN USE AND DEPENDING HOW DISCOLORED YOUR TEEHT WILL DEPEND ON YOUR RESULTS. RESULTS WILL COME IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS. I KNOW THESE THINGS BECAUSE I WENT TO DENTAL SCHOOL.
    INDIA1968

Answer by INDIA1968 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

•  I'm a dental hygienist.

Whitening toothpaste isn't going to do anything for you -they are not made to whiten teeth. They are made to help maintain whiteness after the teeth have been bleached.

The best thing you can do at home is to floss at least once a day and use Listerine. Listerine is an antiseptic that will help kill some of the bacteria in your mouth. Hydrogen peroxide isn't going to do anything for you either.

You really need to see a dentist - tooth decay and periodontal problems is what usually causes bad breath.

PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I use a pre-brush whitening rise for a minute twice a day before I brush (obviously) and I think it works. but try Listerine and make sure to brush those teeth at least twice a day and floss!
    But PrttyMstng is right, get yourself to a dentist asap!
    mommy_4ever

Answer by mommy_4ever at 10:02 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Maintain a good oral hygiene... brush your teeth and tongue twice a day to remove food particles and plaque, and floss between teeth once a day, preferably in the evening after you eat. Its best if you could brush after every meal, but just in case you cannot, make sure that you use a good quality chewing gum, or bad breath products between. These products not only guarantee that your teeth will remain clean, but they also kill bad breath.

Glorence

Answer by Glorence at 9:50 AM on Sep. 7, 2009