Should I get a new Dr.?

I called my Dr. today and she wanted to see me at 9 weeks, i know this is normal. But i have read the sooner you see a Dr. the better. Should I search for a new OB?

MsBBDZ

Asked by MsBBDZ at 6:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, it's really not that necessary. I doubt anybody is going to rush you in. Most women dont' find out they're pregnant til around now anyway
    Anonymous

• How far along are you? I mean, reading the question as you have it written, I don't see the problem and would say no, don't search for a new one. I might be missing something, though, so if so, please clarify.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was 10 weeks for my first appointment. If this is your regular OB, I'd stick with her, but if you have serious concerns get a second opinion to ease your mind.
    Anjeey

Answer by Anjeey at 6:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If a doc has openings on demand then they probably aren't the best doctor.
    Anonymous

• I was supposed to be seen at 10 weeks.. but then I started to have bleeding during my 7th week, so they needed to up my appointment considering I had already had a mc. But normally they only see a patient at 8-10 weeks along. I know its hard to wait, but your going to have to wait regardless what doctor you go to! I don't think its a reason to find a new doctor!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• No, that time frame is completely normal. Congrats on your pregnancy!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This is normal at 8 weeks I saw the nurse "they ask family questions" 9 weeks I seen the nurse again for a US and at 10 weeks I see my OB. I think that if you normally see this doc you should stick with him or her. Its better to have a doc that knows you. Good Luck and dont worry.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Normal time for your first appointment is typically between the 8th and 10th week. My doctor doesn't see you before 10 weeks. At that time is when they can hear and see a viable heart beat. You already should be taking prenatal vitamins as those are essential from the time of conception. Other wise, just wait until your appointment, eat healthy and get exercise. Congrats!!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 6:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• That's what's normal now, With my 1st and 2nd i went in right away, and then with my third, they didn't want me to come in right away. I called another doctor and they said the same. I was worried like what about taking vitamins, but everything was okay.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009