Princess Diana

If you can remember where were you when you first found out she died? I was 6 months pregnant with my first son and I saw it on tv in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep. I felt so bad. She was a beautiful and kind lady. Her son William looks just like her.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 6:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember that Mother Teresa died at about the same time.
    Anonymous

• My husband and I hadn't been married very long. We had a fantasy football draft at our house with about 8 guys, and it came on the news. I was devestated, and all these guys were standing around like, "Can you put on ESPN now??"
    tikigoddess

Answer by tikigoddess at 7:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was taking a bath, and my husband came in to tell me.

I have a book called "We interrupt this Broadcast" - it covers major events in history that was breaking news, starting with the Hindenburg, and covering things like the bombing of Pearl Harbor, etc, with info and pictures of all the events. It also has a cd with it, with recordings of the news broadcasts of the events.

The first one in the book was the Hindenburg, and the last one in the book was the death of Princess Dianna, which, I have to admit, always bothered me, because Mother Theresa died the same week, and was not included.

Not to slam in Diana, but to include her and not Mother Theresa as an event/ life/ death that affected the world, was, in my opinion, wrong.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Hubby and I had just got up when it came on the news. It was one of those moments that leave you kinda stunned. My youngest daughter was less than a year old, the other shared Diana's birthday.
    I think the saddest part was watching her 2 young sons in the funeral procession.
    jackdaw

Answer by jackdaw at 7:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was outside helping my family with the front of the house (we had dug out the basement, and were residing, and adding additions etc.) I was pretty young, so it didn't impact me that much.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was at Myrtle Beach SC celebrating my birthday. She actually got killed on my birthday.
    Proudmomof82008

Answer by Proudmomof82008 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It was my birthday and we had just finished up my party and I was sitting on the couch with me brother and sister listening to the radio....I still think Price William to this day is georgous :-D
    mommy_4ever

Answer by mommy_4ever at 9:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I was having a house warming party .
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 7:43 AM on Mar. 10, 2009