my gums are swollen! Need help!

My gums are SO SWOLLEN around 6 teeth. it hurts so BAD! I have flossed, salt water, Listerine, and tried a Popsicle. Anything else?

Haydensmom326

Asked by Haydensmom326 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• Emergency dental clinic? They could be infected, which can be very dangerous.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I dont think there is one around here.. I will have to look.. Thanks!
    Haydensmom326

Answer by Haydensmom326 at 7:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would get to the dentist pronto and get an xray done if you can. you could have the beginning stages of periodontal disease...NOT FUN!!
    mommy_4ever

Answer by mommy_4ever at 9:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Definitely a trip to the dentist asap! My daughter had perfect teeth, no cavities. But when she was a young adult, all of a sudden (we think it came on due to extreme stress) she had swollen gums that hurt and even bled a little when she brushed. She went in and discovered that she had extreme gum disease! They had to send her home, have her take a vicodin the next morning before she came back - they scraped half of her teeth, one side of her mouth, had her rest one day, then do the same with the vicodin and did the other half of her teeth the next day. It was extremely painful. After the cleaning they took xrays and discovered 9 cavities! They gave her some special mouth rinse, and she has to be very careful about getting regular checkups now.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 10:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Some gum swelling is normal when you are pregnant... if not you definately should see a dentist
    caitlin.tolcher

Answer by caitlin.tolcher at 10:45 PM on Mar. 9, 2009