When are the typical times the doctor performs ultrasounds?

I'm not trying to be weird, but my husband can't always come to my appointments. So, I wanted to know which weeks are the ones the doctors usually try to take a peek so my hubby can take off work. I'm about 26/27 weeks along. He was there for the others because I knew they were coming. I just don't know what happens from here.

puppyraiser8

Asked by puppyraiser8 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When your bladder is ready to bust! LOL

My ultrasounds were usually scheduled in the morning. I once had a scare and had an emergency one done in the afternoon.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:01 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had one at 12 weeks, 16 weeks 6 days & at 36 weeks ((only because I was measuring big))
    Anonymous

• usually they will do one at the beginning and then one later (about the middle) to do measurements of the baby and make sure everything is ok and peek at the sex. Sometimes they do more but that is up to the doctor and your insurance.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I had one at 7weeks. 17wks (@ the hospital) and one at 21wks. No more for me unless medial necessary> I am however gonna schedule my own 3D u/s at about 30wks
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My Doctor gave me one right at the beginning in order to find out exactly how far along I was. And then I'll be getting my 20 week ultra sound on Friday!!!! this one will take all the measurments and tell us what the sex of the baby is. Our Doctor told us at our last appointment ( a month ago) that way it gave my hubby plenty of time to ask for that morning off.
    mommy_4ever

Answer by mommy_4ever at 9:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009