am i wrong?

my mother lended us 50 until we get paid on friday and he owes a guy some money and he told the guy he would pay him with the money my mom gave us. well i was obviously upset about this we dont have any food or dish soap in the house and he wants to go and give 15 away I DONT THINK SO.i told him that guy can wait til friday. i just hope he learns a lesson about not getting something you cant pay for. ugh men!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Anon 8:05, get off her back! I think she probaly knows that she needs to manage her money, and it's not your place to tell her. All she wanted to know was if she was wrong in wanting the guy to wait until Friday for his money. Just answer the question asked, not get all up in her grill! You don't know her situation. I once had to borrow money from my mom so that I could lend my MIL money for her medication when her insuance made a mistake and cancelled her policy. Maybe I should have managed my money better, but I didn't have the $436 to lend. You just don't know her situation.

original poster, food for your family comes first. Period. Everything else can wait.
    Anonymous

• did he buy pot?
    Anonymous

• He's "robbing Peter to pay Paul".

Sort of like borrowing from one credit card to pay another. Bad idea.

In this case, I would let him pay the guy $15. Take the other $35 to a discount store and buy the cheapest food (rice and beans, etc.) and soap you can. Friday is a short time away. Meanwhile, it should be a topic of discussion that you both need a budget (Try Dave Ramsey's website).

I used to keep a jar of change when we were first married. It came in handy a couple of time for emergency food.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• well 35 dollars goes a long way - go to walmart and buy OFF BRAND foods.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:41 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• pasta lots of pasta..it goes a long way...
    snowmom974

Answer by snowmom974 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• pay the dude the money you owe him, hes in the same boat you are. & it looks like to me that you guys are the ones who needs to learn to manage your money better, not the guy needing his 15 bucks & poor mom for giving it to you, because mom probally needed that money as bad as ya'll do but gave it to you because she mom & will suffer the hardship rather that letting you...shame on you. There are two of you...grow up, manage you money better, quite borrowing money from everyone you know. Suffer the consequences of your own wrong doing & quite expecting "mom" & friends to foot your bills even if it is until you get paid. Your already in the hole so when you get paid your going to be even further in the hole trying to pay everyone you owe. ....hmmmmm
    Anonymous

• sadly i agree with anon although i don't know your situation but i try to never borrow money just cause that means less take home when you have it promised to someone else. if things are that bad it's best to pay the debt and live. so pay the poor guy and live your life. it works out in the end. maybe just not the way we want it too.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• so THAT's where my $50 went huh?
    Anonymous