• In the Spotlight:

Pediatrician

Probably a wierd question... but I heard that the pediatrician will see your baby right after its born. Is that the pediatrician that I pick, or just someone that happens to be at the hospital? The other question is when do you "sign up" for a pediatrician? I found one that I would like for my baby, and it says that they only accept a certain amount of patients, so when do you get to do all of that stuff? Anybody know? thanks =)

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 7:05 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The pediatrician you pick will come to the hospital to see the baby. I believe mine came the day after my lo was born ...I would def. put a call into the ped. office and tell them you are expecting and see if they are accepting new patients.

MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 11:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My OB hooked me up with a name for a Ped close by at a good clinic. This doc saw both kids the day they were born and then I followed up from there. Although I used my OB's recommendation, you can check reviews in your area and see who is covered under your insurance and whittle it down from there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When I was about 30 weeks prego my Dr. told me I should pick out a Pediatrician for my son.
    She reccomended a few & I picked the one I wanted.
    Mommy7907

Answer by Mommy7907 at 7:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• yes they do check on them usually the day after they are born. If you found someone you like call and see if they are taking new patients. If so let her know you are pregnant and would like her to be your child's pediatrician.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009