Is it necessary to have a water filter at home?

Do you think it is extremely necessary to buy one of those water filters such as Brita or I forgot which was the other popular brand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• In certain areas, yes. Where I live, no. Although we still do use a Brita filter system you can drink the water right from the tap.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• depends on how your water tastes. I haven't used one for a long time. The last time I did the water tasted funny but that was like 5 houses ago.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i bought a pitcher water filter at walgreens for 10. i like it i mean you can check your water contamination levels. i live by factories so i think its a good idea for our family to have filtered water
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• we buy the purified water at walmart, and have an office dispenser thing at home that we use:)
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 7:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Where we live, yes. Our water has very high flouride levels.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't. I have 3 kids and they're all still alive and well!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Where I live you do. Ortherwise you may die from all the deposits and crap. It''s also the second worst tasting water in American. San Angelo TX would be the worst.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 8:40 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lol..we would get warning to not drink the water if you were pregnant..it was so comforting that we switched to our filters..where we live now, it's not as bad, and the tap water is actually drinkable!
    TippyD

Answer by TippyD at 11:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• we have a filter because it cost $10 and was worth the piece of mind.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 12:09 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• yes, i think it's very necessary no matter where you live... not only does it eliminate toxins and chemicals it taste way better. tap water taste like metal.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 10, 2009