have you seen this?

they have MATERNITY prom dresses? oh my god thats just disgusting no way would i have gone to prom if i was pregnant in high school. it disturbs me. its like applauding pregnant teens when obviously it was a mistake if they are still in high school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• so does that mean that someone who made a mistake doesn't deserve to go to her prom?
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• no because obviously she cant get pregnant again lol
    Anonymous

• children are mistakes?
    I wish I would of been told this before I had my two "mistakes" I've been wrongly calling them children
    Kimeley

Answer by Kimeley at 7:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• having a child while in HS. yea that would be a mistake.
    Anonymous

• kimeley- if that offended you I didn't mean to, I meant the accidentally getting pregnant part. all apologies if you took that statement wrong
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I feel like we are always having this same argument
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i know while looking at bridesmaids dresses i have found some made for pregnant women. are you sure that it's not a bridesmaid dress that's being used as a prom dress? some dresses would work for either situation. just because a teen is pregnant doesn't mean that she doesn't deserve to go to her prom. it is sad that it's becoming more and more common in our society tho.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• OP, I think you are looking at it wrong. I think that you think by making maternity prom dresses it is condoning teen pregnancy. But that is not the case. No teen is going to see a maternity prom dress they really like and then go out and get pregnant so they can wear it. I think it is awesome that they make something. Teen pregnancy is up, that is just a fact and there is no reason that a pregnant girl should miss her prom. JMO.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• :( This question wasn't fun at ALL.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 8:09 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Ppl. really need to chill out! It's like if u don't agree u junp over the OP, most ppl. aren't even answering the question.

I don't think it's cute that they are selling maternity prom dresses. I think it's patting someone on the back for NOT being responisable enough to not get preg in HIgh School.

I don't think it's a good idea to go to prom, home comming Hwat ever when ur preg, u should be more concerned with saving up money so that u can do everything in ur own power to care for ur own child. I know I'm gonna get junk for that, but it's how I feel and for good reason.

When I was in 7th grade it was the trend to get preg (yes I said trend) and all the girls I graduated with say the same thing. You weren't cool if u weren't preg. Teachers even gave baby showers in school! I now see females who are 25 or so with 10 yr olds and so many issues they can't even count them. Babies are not mistakes but not everyone
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 8:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009