important question

okay so i have been thinking about this for a realy long time now. Who should the the godparents be. I have 3 people in mind and don't know who to pick. So here i am at 31 weeks along and don't know who to pick still. I was wondering on this one person i adore more then anyone she is my rock and i love her to death. So here is the question.....

do you think it would be wrong to name an 8 year old as the god mother??

NO BASHING im serious on the question

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 7:55 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my daughters god parents will likely die before i do so i dont see any problem with it just as long as you have some kinda paper that state that she will get the baby when she is of age i know a girl that was granted her god daughter when she was only 16 she had to be supervised by cps and live at home til she was 18 even though she graduated at 17 but it all worked out and to this day they are the happiest mixed family i know she is only 7 years older then her goddaughter so i say go for it and always remember it is your child
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Personally, I don't think it's wrong. My godparents were really old, so if something happened to my parents when I was younger, it would have been really hard for my godparents to take me.
    Anonymous

• I would not. The role of a god parent is to be a guide in church teachings, basically teach them the word of Jesus. A eight year old cannot do that. I think everyone has a different view on what a godparent is to be, but the real idea is to be a teacher of religion. You still have time so give it some real thought. GL!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• it depends on what your expectations of a godmother are. like if you want someone to give your child guidance & advice, and if you want that person to take care of your child should anytihg happen to you. if this is what you want in a godparent than an 8 year old is not a good idea. you need to think about your expectations of a godparent, and decide who would be the right choice. good luck!
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 8:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• You can always choose someone older now, and when the 8 year old gets older you can change who you would want to take ur kid/kids if something were to happen to you and your SO....I think that would be the best way to do it..that way if anything happens BEFORE she is 18...your kids will be able to be taken care of!!! Just my oppinion though hun! :)
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• the 8 year old is very educational she still teachs me things about god, and religion. I know someone whos godfather was the same age as him so yeah. My mom said someone to help you with the baby she can do. someone that will help keep the baby on the right track with religion and things like that

i do think she would be a great godmother
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well, I guess you just have to ask yourself the real and hard question of what would REALLY happen to your baby if something happened to you? God parents are meant to be the ones who actually take the baby in that tragic event.... now, as much as you love the 8 year old, it's not realistic to name her the Godparent. In that situation, you know she won't be able to care for a child even in several years. So, then you aren't honestly secure in knowing where your baby would go. That's just my opinion but you need someone stable, reliabe, well mannered...etc etc... GL
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I know you're serious. but lets look at the facts. She is 8 years old and the whole point of god parents are if you and your SO past away then that 8 year old will be the new parents. Honestly i think you should choose just a little higher in age 15 16 would be the youngest i would go. Hope you make a decision on your grounds. not anyone else. Good Luck
    Thaifalung20

Answer by Thaifalung20 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009