Apple Cider Vinegar

I have been noticing quite a few posts about the use of apple cider vinegar and losing weight. Can you buy this like other vinegar in the grocery store? if not, where do you get it at? 2 years ago I was very active and lost 83 lbs. I have gained about 20 of it back and need to get this off. I WILL NOT get back to that point if I have to stop eating totally. So, thought I'd give that a

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been wondering the same thing. glad you asked this question. To my knowledge its just plain old cider vinegar found next to white vinegar in the grocery store. How much it works, I'm not sure of though.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 8:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• NO NO NO TOUR WORN MAMMA, you have to get BRAGGS apple cider vineagr, DONT get the one at the gorcery store, i have been on this for 1 month and have lost 10 pounds, i do 2 teapoons 3 times a day 30 mins BEFORE a meal, and it's good for other stuff too, your hair, asthma, google, it even my dr said it was fine!!! good luck, GNC has it for 4.00
    Anonymous

• WRONG i mean
    Anonymous

• i swear youll see a difference and its allllllllllll natural!!!
    Anonymous

• I've lost almost 3 inches in my waist using the AC vinegar. I put 2 tsp. in a 1/2 cup of water and drink it right before my meal. I started almost a month ago with using regular vinegar from the grocery store, but switched to Braggs natural organic vinegar 2 weeks ago, and I swear by it. I found it at my local herb shop. It was $3.69 for 16 oz. The store brand is much cheaper, but the organic has more benefit. It seems to help me not be so ravenous at my meal, but from what I understand on Prevention online, it helps your body regulate and facilitate the natural carbs in your meals. Of course this means, to help it you need to lay lower on carbs. I've never seen such a dramatic diff. in my waistline.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:18 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• The apple cider vinegar diet has been around for years. If it was that great than there wouldn't be so many over weight people in this country. It's just another fad diet.
    The problem with dieting is that you don't learn how to eat healthy. When you stop the fad diet, you have more than a 95% chance of gaining the weight back plus more.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 10:30 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i haven't found that this is a diet. Its simply vinegar added to either water and sometimes I sprinkle it on my vegetables. Fad diets that take you away from eating normal foods that your body needs is bad. I don't like that kind of eating which isn't the best for keeping the body healthy, but adding ac vinegar is the same as adding more fresh fruit or increasing your water intake, or using a particular seasoning. :) Try it. It might work for you, the same as it does for me.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:20 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• i disagree, this is NOT fad diet, goolge it, its also good for other things, asthma, your hair ect, ect goggle it and you'll learn
    Anonymous

• I did goggle apple cider vinegar diet - this is what I got:

Is Cider Vinegar Good for Weight Loss?
    Taking cider vinegar pills or adding cider vinegar to your food makes NO difference to weight control.

Despite the weight loss hype, cider vinegar has NO weight reduction or fat loss benefits.

The Cider Vinegar Diet is an old fad diet and anyone who loses weight on it does so ONLY because they are eating very few calories. It has nothing to do with the weight loss effects of cider vinegar.

I remember hearing about this hype back in the 70's. I stand by what I said before - if it was that great than there wouldn't be so many over weight people.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:30 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• it is a good benefit to a healthy lifestyle, like working out and eating right.........it is very bebeficial and the reason overweight people dont do it, like the person above mentioned, is because it tastes horrible.......all you do is sweeten it with some organic agave nectar and drink it fast, like a shot! i swear i see a difference in my problem areas and its only been a few weels. i al also drinking yerba mate tea, which is awesome for your body!
    PiscesMommy311

Answer by PiscesMommy311 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 27, 2009