Who do you think was the best President? Worst?

I keep seeing people say that Bush was the worst and his ranking is low but with every new term, the numbers switch around and certain Presidents go up in ranking while others trail behind. George H.W. Bush moved up from the 20th to the 18th and Bill Clinton went up from the 21st to the 15th. So since the numbers could change again in 4 years, who do YOU think was the best President of all time and who do you think was the worst and why?

(Please don't add our current President into this, he hasn't fulfilled his term yet. Thank you!)

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 8:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Best Ronald Reagan Worst...Lincoln
    Anonymous

• Best? I'll say Teddy Roosevelt, because he loved nature and helped create the teddy bear :D

Worse? Meh...everyone take a wild guess who I think was the worst.

(and you just knooooooooow this will turn into a Bash Obama session.)
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well if I must break it down to one of each i'll stay fairly recent..

Best Reagan worst Carter
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Best would be Reagan, worst would be Carter (of course, I have feeling that may change in 4 years).
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• lincoln? he helped free the slaves he was a good pres.

reagan...and bush but prob obama in 4 yrs
    Anonymous

• Lincoln only helped free the slaves so he could win a war that shouldn't even have happened in the first place, Lincoln said if he didn't have to free one slave he wouldn't. The civil war wasn't about slavery. Lincoln was actually a horrible president but everybody wants to make him out to be this great person when he wasn't it just goes to show how history gets twisted through the years.
    Anonymous

• I'd have to agree that Reagan was the best and Carter was the worst
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 8:50 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Anon, Thank God someone knows history. I wouldn't say he was horrible but he was not the saint people think he was, I would say worst, Carter Best? hmm One of our founding fathers, toss up between John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson, I would say even George Washington.. Why do I think they were the best, well they know what their jobs were and what they did not have a right to control or misuse. its been a long time since we have had a president that works for us and knew his role in government
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 8:56 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• LOL, I have NEVER heard Lincoln as the worst president, that is definitely an interesting opinion. I'll just go with Presidents in my lifetime...I LOVED Clinton, W is def the worst.
    Anonymous

• My gut when you say best pres is George Washington. Worst (considering ground rules) Carter.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:07 PM on Mar. 9, 2009