loan modification

Has anyone done a loan modification if so, what company did you use and did it work and save you money?? any answers will help..

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 8:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I haven't but you can go to hope.org (think that is the website). Just google hope now government loan modification. It will bring up their website and phone. They are free (maybe a small fee). Don't pay these high dollar ones that several posters will put up because they are trying to profit off of peoples misfortune.
    Anonymous

• I went through NACA. They worked with my mortgage company and had my loan restructured meaning they negotiated my 10.45% ARM down to a 5.25% Fixed rate loan. I would contact them before anyone else. Also this forum here: LoanSafe.org is a great source of information. The people I have met there are full of information about many mortgage companies and ways you can work to get your loan modified. They will help you through every step of the process. BOTH of these are free and I have personally used both. If you have any questions you want to ask me about either, just let me know!

tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 6:26 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I applied for a loan modification on January 2nd and it just recently got sent to someone at Citimortgage for review! I am still waiting to see what they are going to offer it's been taking forever because so many other people are doing the same thing. I haven't made a mortgage payment since December! I can let you know how I make out apparently the wait is LONG...
    paytonpants54

Answer by paytonpants54 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009