My breast started to leak today

I breatfed for about 8 months and stopped about 6 months ago. It took about a month to two for the milk to completly go away. Today I had one spring a leak. Just a little bit but it was very strange. Is this a normal thing?

Sammieanne

Asked by Sammieanne at 8:29 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know on this one but I also breastfed my son and I stopped like 6-8 months ago and mine still haven't dried up.........
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Was there something that sparked it? Like warm showe, nipple stimualation, crying baby? If so, then completely normal. If it persists and there doesn't seem to be anything 'causing' it then I would give you OB a call. If it is annoying, then they can give you meds to help dry you up.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well, I am not sure about this one. I would think if you were dried up then it shouldn't be doing that. I stopped in June 08 and my milk is completely gone.
    DrusMom

Answer by DrusMom at 8:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My GF hasn't been nursing for one year now, but can still squeeze droplets of milk out.

I wouldn't be concerned.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:26 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I stopped nursing 8 months ago, and I still get little droplets from time to time. I get more at certain times of my cycle than others.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009