how to deal with children with ADD and explosive disorder

do you feel like your losing your mind? does everyone who don't have a clue to what your going through give you dumb advice? Are the groups where I can go to and join in person?

indesperateneed

Asked by indesperateneed at 8:32 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know about local groups, I do have an idea of what you're going through.

What I can say is the most important, and difficult thing, for me to do is to BACK off when she starts "not thinking" and just saying and shouting... let her cool off and come back. I'm sure you've heard this before though.

:sigh: hope someone else can help you more
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my 13 yr old son also has adhd. he takes vyvnase for it and it has helped. i have learned to walk away when he is being an ass.it is hard sometimes but we both cool off and approach it later after cooling off.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:41 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Check out www.nami.org I think it is, there should be a link to find local resources. My son has psychosis and bipolar, I found a center through there. Pull up Yahoo and type in "mental health services" in the local search tab too, you might find some more stuff there.
    And yes, I am losing my mind :)
    krisr169

Answer by krisr169 at 6:58 AM on Mar. 11, 2009