hypothetically........if abortion were made illegal, what punishment do you think someone should receive for getting one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Death penalty. Plain and simple take an innocent life loose yours. There are always other options like adoption and if you just don't feel like dealing with labor than well maybe yall just shoulda kept your legs closed or protected yourself better. I am sorry if this offends anyone but I am a strong believer in life and abortion is just plain uncalled for. It is an innocent little baby who has done nothing wrong why kill it just so you don't have to deal with it when your the one who went out and opened up your legs?
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• very well put peekalou!!! agree 100%
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:43 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• If they do not have any children, I think they should be required to have a hysterectomy. Most likely, they will regret the abortion later and wish they could have one.
    If they already have children, then I think they their current children should be taken away for a period of time. Hopefully they will realize what they have lost.
    Anonymous

• It should be treated as a murder. both the person getting it done and the doctor.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Umm, if life is sacred, then all life is sacred and it is not up to us to decide if one life (fetus) is valuable and must be saved and another is expendable (mother or abortionist). I find it terribly hypocritical to kill someone for killing someone. I don't know what the punishment should/would be IF abortion ever became illegal, but really it's a moot point because I don't believe it will ever be illegal, nor should it in my opinion.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Being Pro-life and Pro-death penalty at the same time is an oxy moron.

Peekalou- not everyone who ends up pregnant and had an abortion went out and spread their legs willingly.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I suppose it would be treated as murder.

However, I also figure its one of those things where they punish themselves more than anything the law could do to them more times than not.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:48 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This is a tough one. I believe that there should be consequences for their actions, that is for sure. What kind... is the tough part.

I think Anonymous has the right idea. Suffering and pain is worse than the death penalty. Suffering lose of children of their own and their right to have a child.

When Michal despised her husband dancing before the Lord , her womb became shut because of her sin. I think that would be worse than dying in the electric chair.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I know these things IhartU and it is sad when a girl is used in that way but still they could put the baby up for adoption. Think of it this way people, say your mom was raped and got pregnant ,would you if you had the choice want her to have you or to abort you? I just don't see how anyone can kill an innocent lirtle baby and be ok with it whether they created it willingly or not and then go out to the stroe and see a little newborn and not feel like $hit about what they did.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 8:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• First of all the penalties should be on the doctor. That will be the best way to deter abortions, the harder it would be to get one the less they would happen. The best penalty would be loss of licence.

However, I find this question horrible in and of itself. While abortion and sex outside the bonds of marriage is sin, none of us is without sin. What did Jesus say to those who wanted to stone the woman taken in adultry? He who is without sin let him cast the first stone. So far I only see people casting stones.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 9:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009