Carseats for 13 month old girls

I am looking at getting a second carseat. Right now we have one that Cafemom sent us and I love it. It's the First Years True Fit Convertible carseat. I was looking at getting another BUT I was wondering what everyone else would recommend. I am HUGE on reviews so I read the reviews to everything. I would really like to stay under $100 but willing to spend under $200.

DrusMom

Asked by DrusMom at 8:46 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We bought this one as our 2nd carseat http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054494
    pookie_1228

Answer by pookie_1228 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We have the Cosco convertible from walmart right now but are looking into the Cosco 5 point harness seat. It hold from 22 to 80 pounds. Either that one (it's 50 bucks) or the Safety 1st one (it's about 80 bucks).
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 9:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• We have the Graco ComfortSport and the Cosco/Safety1st Alpha Omega Elite.
    lins4ever

Answer by lins4ever at 9:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• This is pretty much the one we use just a different cover! We love it! :)
    http://www.target.com/Graco-Comfort-Sport-Convertible-Seat/dp/B000W8WTDQ/ref=sc_qi_detaillink?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=04ZMNF35SKSC8RQ7BAG3&pf_rd_p=436115101&pf_rd_i=B000W8WTDQ&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=5101
    babynumber1

Answer by babynumber1 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• me & my mom got this carseat from burlington coat factory its awesome i dont think they have it on their website but its only 59$ its blue which isnt very girly but oh well lol its got like a little bar in the front so they can lay their heads on it to sleep & everything. my mom has 1 for her son & i bought 1 for Haylee & we're both about to go out & buy 2 more for Conner & my moms new foster child so that we have them for when they get older just incase they dont have them anymore or incase the price goes up. but if you go look on babydepot.com they might have it on the website.
    hayleesmommy07

Answer by hayleesmommy07 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I have the cosco scenara. Its cheap and has great reviews.
    shawnamt13

Answer by shawnamt13 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I found some Britax carseats on Ebay for under $200. I hear those are the best and that's probably what we will end up with for DD in a couple of months here.. I wish CM had sent me a carseat.. that would have been the best influencer present EVER
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• In my jeep i have a Alpha omega, but for a 2nd carseat we have the graco comfort sport (ours is pink) I bought it for $35 on clearnace at target. My mom also has the graco comfort sport in her Van for Jacie.
    SrtsGirl2002

Answer by SrtsGirl2002 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Be careful buying carseats in advance for when your kids get older. Carseats expire! Not many people know that so I just wanted to throw it out there.

I also have the true fit for my son. I love it! If I was you, I would buy another one of those. Or, depending on your daughter's weight you could go with the cosco scenera but it only harnesses to 40 lbs.

You can join the Carseat Safety group here on cafemom and they would recommend a great carseat for your budget based on your child's weight and height.
    LukesMommy912

Answer by LukesMommy912 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I would definitely avoid the Graco Comfortsport. It has the shortest shell and lowest harness slots, which means it is outgrown by the average child at around 2.5-3 years old. For $90, you can get a seat that will last you at least a year longer, the Safety First Uptown/Avenue.

How big is your daughter, and do you plan on rear-facing longer than 1 year and 20lbs?
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 8:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2009