Potty training my 3 year old son..some help?

I have been trying to potty train my 3 year old for a couple months .. well he was doing good .. pooping and peeing in the toilet .. but now I am putting him in pullups for naps and bedtime and now he holds his poop in until naptime or bedtime and I have tried no naps but then he just holds it until bedtime..any ideas of what to do would be greatly appreciated!

dizzyone80

Asked by dizzyone80 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It took my Months to train my son. My advice is to get rid of all dipars, tell him he is now a big boy and no more dipars. Go to the store and let him pick out some special undrewear, and buy some chepos too. and thats that. he will be very proud when he can wear the underpants he picked out and will not want to ruin them. but be ready for accidents and dont go back to dipars. it will only confuse him. Good Luck!
    Alexandranino26

Answer by Alexandranino26 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Get rid of the pull-ups! If he can hold it until he gets a pull-up on then he can control when he goes and wait until he gets to the toilet. Pull-ups are glorified diapers and confuse kids. If he doesn't have a pull-up then he will go in the toilet.
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 11:28 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would suggest just underwear and sweatpants. Our son was 3 1/2 when we potty trained him. We got rid of the pull ups and put underwear on him along with sweatpants. gave him prizes if he had full dry days. It worked!
    appleheadsmom

Answer by appleheadsmom at 12:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Pull-ups were the worst thing I tried with my kids. It was too much like a diaper and they regressed back to pooping and peeing in them. Get rid of them!
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 10, 2009