has anyone reunited with their biologiocal kids they adopted out?

i have an it seems a rare occurrence and wondered if anyone else has. if you did how did you handle it and are you close?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Adoption

• I have been happily reunited with my son for 3 years. Please join my Adoption Reunion group. There are loads of us in reunion.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 4:20 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• My adopted daughter was reunited with her birth dad & grandmother & a 4th sister. We actually helped her locate them. She has a good relationship with her grandmother & sister but not her father. He's not happy that she dates only black men (she's white). Doesn't bother me. I have 2 adorable grandkids.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:18 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Yes, I have - it's not as rare as you may think and I believe with open adoptions becoming more of the "starting point" in adoption plans we'll hopefully reach a point where adoptees don't have to feel like there is a need for a search because they've always had a way to reach back to their biological family.

My adoption was semi-open (communication through the agency) after placement, and although I pulled away for a couple of years I was "re-found" by the adoptive family and we moved into full reunion when my daughter was 7 years old - she is now soon to be 19.

How did I handle it? It grew me like nothing else ever has - lots of joy in times with her and struggle and growth with where we fit in each others lives.

Are we close? VERY!!!! I think the age at which I was reintroduced into her life has something to do with it - and the years we've had at working together on OUR relationship.
    PortAngeles1969

Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 4:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I recently found all 6 of my biological sisters, my Aunt, my grandma and my Mother...It was VERY nice to meet the grandma, Aunt and sisters...my mother however, well we were taken not given up soooo I have reasons to not care for her.,..but she is really trying
    MrsThreadgill

Answer by MrsThreadgill at 12:17 AM on Mar. 11, 2009

• I AM ADOPTIVE, AND I FOUNDED MY BIOLOGICAL MOTHER, IS TOO HARD FOR ME FOR TOO MANY REAZONS,I CANT HAVE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH HER,I WANT TO LOVE HER BUT I CANT,I DO RESPECT HER TOUGH,I AM WORKING ON IT,I AM HAPPY CAUSE I MET BROTHERS AND SISTERS,I HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM!!!~~``
    mexicanbeauty

Answer by mexicanbeauty at 12:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2009

• My husband found our son I gave up for adoption 20 years ago. He had pictures of me and letters I had sent over the years. He was very interested in meeting us. He has younger brothers he is getting to know and seems very proud of them. I think it was great to explain the reason we could not keep him at the time, but is very much welcome in the family. His brothers and him look so much alike and get along like they have not been apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Mar. 21, 2009