Does anyone know who had the highest tax brackets of their presidency? Hint its not Obama.

You can find it by googling or researching. It is interesting I never realized taxes were once at 50%+.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Dwight D. Eisenhower I think!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I looked it up and from what I could understand, it was Eisenhower at 94%. Ouch. From there, it started to go down. The lowest I found in recent years was 28% under Bush 1.
    http://www.truthandpolitics.org/top-rates.php
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 10:31 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• it will be Obama...just wait.....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I think Obama will be not far behind or right up there even.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Actually, I stand corrected, the highest marginal tax rate was between 1944-45. FDR and Harry Truman were President's then, according to the chart I found.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:12 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• BTW- from what I know, Obama wants to raise the top marginal tax rate to 39.9%. Not anywhere near 94%.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:13 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• FDR, then Obama at 39.6%. BUT, that only mentions taxes labeled as taxes. Stealth taxes under the Obama administration under the guises of user fees, and cap and trade, etc are estimated to take some families to 60%.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• Under Carter taxes for the wealthy were at 70 percent. What Obama proposes would put the tax rate at nearly 60 percent for those making over 250k once you figure in Social Security, state and other taxes. Carter 2.0 I guess.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Mar. 10, 2009