can you give me some suggestions...

My baby will be born in about 10 weeks unless things take a turn for the worse. My baby has rare heart defects and needs many surgeries. The hospital where the baby will need to receive treatment is almost 2 hours away. The Ronald McDonald house cost $15 a night/$105 a week. This cost is more than our family can afford.

I have decide to sell all my collectibles (porceiln dolls, angels, Dreamsicles, etc), my china set, jewelry and my wedding dress to raise some money to help with the expenses. The problem is I don't know the best way to sell all of it. I have never sold on ebay before and I am not sure if that is the best way to go.

Any advice would be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I am sure it is is a hard time for you and your family right now. Try to stay strong for you and your baby.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry to hear about your baby, my prayers are with you and your baby. Sorry, I don't have any advice on how to sell on ebay there's also craigs list ??? Sorry.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 9:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I have used eBay. Lately, though, it seems not alot is selling. It seems all my money goes to eBay fees without selling anything! So, I have started my own website store. If you'd like to see what I have done, visit www.bit-pizari.synthasite.com.  I use Synthasite, which is 100% free.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm so sorry to hear about your baby... Dealing with that is very stressful (my son had heart surgery @ 3 months old for a double aortic arch) Its really scary... Google came back with a bunch of websites. I just typed in "sites to sell stuff on" and a huge list... Since you posted anon I can't send you an email but if you ever wanna talk shoot me an email either here or at TheHeartBaby.com... I MIGHT be able to help with something, but would prefer to not post here
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 9:42 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Im so sorry to hear about your baby...stay strong..because it will get better. But let me tell you this there are lots of people who loves yard sales. Ebay may take too much time...that yard sale may just last one day than boom you got your money and everything is sold. Also you can get a booth at a local flea market for 10 or 15 dollars for that day.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:21 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I would list all your stuff on Craigslist, or even do a benefit yard sale. Make signs, let people know the cause, make sure they know its collectible stuff too. Advertise the yard sale everywhere you can. Good luck!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:32 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• CRAIGSLIST. I swear by them.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2009