Do you ever freak out when you get a sudden sharp pain in your head?

Like you're going to have a brain aneurism or a stroke? I hate feeling scared like that! I get that sometimes and then it'll go away after awhile. I don't think it's migraines...just sudden, sharp, throbbing pains that only last half hour or so and go away for a long time, sometimes months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Health

• I started getting those at 14 (23 years ago). I was given a cat scan to rule out anuyerism. My doc called them spot migraines (felt like someone drove a railroad spike into my temple, pulled it out, then the pain faded in twenty minutes or so.) they come and go, probably 1 or 2 a month, in the same side. So far, I'm still kicking although we never did find the cause.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:16 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• I get that all of the time, only it feels more like a brick was dropped on my head and someone is pushing on it. I was told it could be something to do with blood pressure but idk. Go see a doctor if you can!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I get those too, but I'm not sure what they are. I know it is at times when I am more stressed, and I have had had high blood pressure before (not chronic but just at times). So it could be blood pressure.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2009