I am going nuts!!! Please help

My dd is 15 months old and pretty much refuses to eat. Well she will eat crackers, eggs, and cheese. Nothing else. Everytime I try to give her something else, she just throws it on the stinking floor. It is becoming terribly bothersome and annoying. She will not sleep through the night if she does not have a full belly and she refuses to eat so that means she will not sleep through the night. I will give her eggs for dinner, but most of the time she throws it on the floor because she does not want it since she had it for breakfast. She is not sick and only recently started cutting some more teeth this week but this has been happening for over a month now. What do I do?!?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Be patient and get creative. The fact that it has been going on for so long makes me think that she has started seeing it as a game with you. Do you get frustrated when she won't eat? If you do, start acting like it isn't a big deal. Just take the food away, and don't give her anything else until it is time to eat again. Try introducing her to some new foods if you haven't already. With eggs you can actually be very creative. My daughter had an omelet for dinner that included egg, ham, cheese, a little milk, shredded broccoli, and peas because she hadn't eaten very well all day. After dinner make sure she has a full glass of milk, that will help fill her up for bed. PM me if you would like some more help. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• my 15 mo son is doing the same. Here are some things I do to get him to eat more. Sometimes helps, sometimes not. I skip his snack before lunch and dinner so he's more hungry and eats more. i do the train and make noises with the spoon to get him to open his mouth . i try new foods. i feed him more soupy foods like chicken noodle soup or soup w/ rice, in case it IS b/c he's teething and he wants softer food. sometimes he likes eating if i put food on his spoon and help him feed himself w/ the spoon b/c he thinks it's fun. sometimes, i turn on sesame street for a little bit and he'll eat more that way too. hope that helps. i hope this is a phase for our babies and they'll be back to their healthy appetites again.
    shinbi

Answer by shinbi at 10:23 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• My daughter is the same way!! she is 16 months and its a chore trying to feed her. she likes, Yo baby yogurt and pancakes. those always do the trick. try giving some veggies, I know its hard. the only way I get my daughter to do it is feeding her Minestrone soup. She loves that. if you want my recipe send me a message.
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 11:11 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Thats why. fer teeth hurt. my girl went through this same things actually right now she is. try giving her a glass of milk and cereal before bed and it should help through the night
    MyGodSent

Answer by MyGodSent at 11:46 AM on Mar. 10, 2009