I am going nuts!!! Please help (PIOA)

My dd is 15 months old and pretty much refuses to eat. Well she will eat crackers, eggs, and cheese. Nothing else. Everytime I try to give her something else, she just throws it on the stinking floor. It is becoming terribly bothersome and annoying. She will not sleep through the night if she does not have a full belly and she refuses to eat so that means she will not sleep through the night. I will give her eggs for dinner, but most of the time she throws it on the floor because she does not want it since she had it for breakfast. She is not sick and only recently started cutting some more teeth this week but this has been happening for over a month now. What do I do?!?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe try masking other things with the eggs, cheese, and crackers. Like put some ham or sausage in the eggs - make a little english muffin pizza with lotsa cheese, or put some meat and cheese on the crackers. Then if she eats that (hopefully), you can gradually decrease the stuff she only eats (the eggs for example) and put more ham or whatever in it till she will eat just the ham - then try to go on to like sandwiches or something. I've never been thru this, my girls are only 4mo, but thats the only thing i could think of. Good luck!
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 10:35 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Well considering she's 19 months I would make her go without after breakfast, see how long she goes and then when she comes to you hungry offer, veggies, colorful things, kids usually like things that catch their eye... Get some fruit, cut it up in small pieces, offer that with the eggs in the morning. Just give less eggs and more fruit. Hope this helps some...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:49 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When my son was about that age he went through a month or two of eating nothing but cheerios and chocolate milk. It drove me crazy worried about his nutrition and worried that he would have eating problems for life if I let him "get away with it" , but the doctor said just give him his vitamin and he would be fine nutritionally. I think most kids go through weird eating phases and the key to parents sanity is to not make it a big daily fight.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I am not sure of the acronym PIOA but if it's a picky eater. My pediatrician said my kid would eat when he was hungry enough and he was right.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• When i was 2 my mom said I went through a stage where I would only eat green beans and chocolate pudding so she started hiding things in the pudding, she said I never knew.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:45 AM on Mar. 10, 2009

• There is enough protein in an egg to carry a child through most of the day. If she is not actively growing right now and is healthy, that is all she needs. When she is hungry, she will eat. We worry because we need more than that and can't, for the life of us, understand how little guys can go like a freight train all day on basically nothing. It's because they are satisfied. When she wants a snack, make it healthy. In a few weeks, you will be saying " I can't fill my 2 year old up!"
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 10, 2009