why does everyone assume that young moms got pregnant on accident?

I got pregnant at 18 because I chose to, it was not a mistake.
Why does everyone on here say "its called birth control" "use a condom" blah, blah, blah.
Im just so curious what makes you older moms so much better? and dont say that you are more financially stable, more mature, etc. because I am very financially stable and we have a great life. So tell me why you feel the need to bash young moms?

mommyBrooke849

Asked by mommyBrooke849 at 10:08 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh becuz they are afraid all the young moms are going to take over and do a better job then they are.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:12 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Older moms tend to be more financially stable...alot more so than a 16, 18 year old. An 18 year od is probably making $10 a hour and doesn't have much work experience to make more...$10 an hour is not enough to raise a child.
    Anonymous

• anon. 10:12 actually my husband owns a restaurant and I am a stay at home mom.so your assumptions were wrong
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I don't bash moms - young or old but I'm guessing a lot of people think young moms were in it for the sex and something else happened. You're right; it's an assumption. I'm very happy for you that you are stable and have a great life. That's wonderful! :o)
    Bethe333

Answer by Bethe333 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• well anon it depends on if you want to raise that child with love or with osh kosh and nike
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• People are quick to judge especially when it comes to raising children and getting pregnant. When someone sees a younger girl pregnant your right they assume that it was an accident, probably because most 18 year olds are just finishing high school and dont know what they wanna do with their lives, let alone be financially stable and prepared for one. I hate how judgmental people can be. I know how you feel, although mine wasn't planned like yours I was 19 and I hated the comments and dirty looks you get. So I understand where your coming from. They are just jealous that they are in their mid 20s and older and dont have what you have. So just let them be jealous and live your life.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Brooke-smart one...did I say ALL? Nope. I said MOST
    Anonymous

• Everyone isn't bashing young mom's. I was sixteen when I had my first child, and well I knew what I was doing and didn't care at the same time. Sadly I was selfish. My mom ended up with me and the baby. It's just that my story is not unique, it has happened to a lot of people. I am speaking of myself and no one else. As far as birth control comments, I get them and I'm married, own a house and have a good job. People say lot's of insensetive things.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I meant speaking for myself....sorry
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• Why do people assume? Because the majority of teen moms who get pregnant did not plan on it. The majority is what most people think of, and when you go with the majority then your are right the majority of the time.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 10:19 PM on Mar. 9, 2009