The father of my son...

I adopted my son out about 14 months ago and i really didnt want to but i knew i had to for him... at the hospital they told my boyfriend that he was not legally the father bc my marriage to husband was not final. He did not want the adoption the go thru. They told him he had NO say. I KNOW HE IS THE FATHER. my question is can he go and fight it pending a blood test saying he is the father and that I had NO right doing that?

Thaifalung20

Asked by Thaifalung20 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Adoption

• yes he can!
    Anonymous

• Why would you do that? That is so mean. I hope he can fight it and I hope he does get your son. Yes, he can. If he is the father and you signed your rights over he can. He had just as many rights as you did. WHat you did was selfish, mean, and cruel. FOrcing a man that WANTS to be there to miss out on his son's life is just plain mean. You had no right. I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• it was a choice between living with an abuser and being homeless or having my son life being taking care of for the rest of his life. He was there the entire time and said nothing. I asked this question to see if WE could get OUR son back NOT HIM
    Thaifalung20

Answer by Thaifalung20 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• He can...not you
    Anonymous