Bikini wax?

I have always thought about getting a bikini wax, especially now that my wedding is coming up. Anyone ever had one? Was it as painful and akward as it sounds? Would you do it again?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I LOVE getting waxed. You have never felt that smooth since before puberty. and it really isn't awkward. The woman I go to really eases the awkwardness by talking and joking the whole time. IT also keeps your mind off the pain which in reality isn't that painful. I completely recommend it. Just don't schedule the day before your wedding. You'll be too sore to have the vigorous sex we know hubbies always want. I'd go a few days before hand. That way if you do experience soreness it clears up before time for the fun. Also, it builds tremendous confidence. Even though people don't know you're waxed, you know. Your husband knows. and that makes you feel sexy.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• It is a bit painful, but some areas are more sensitive than others. The best part about it is that the hair tends to regrow finer and finer every time, so it's a breeze now. And at the place that I go, the initial waxing is about $60, but after that, it's $35 for "maintenance".

It really doesn't have to be awkward. The waxer is a professional, after all, and in my state, has to be certified. It was a lil awkward my first time...my waxer turned out to be my son's friend's mom, who I knew! lol!
    Kauna

Answer by Kauna at 10:27 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• i wanna get brazilian wax...which is everything... im scared tho...lol... i heard it can be quite painful.... but beauty takes a little pain....lol
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:30 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• no thanks.........you guys can have it...........i dont want that kinda pain..........been there with childbirth and will not choose to go through down there pain.........and on top of that it itches like hell when it is growing back..........and i sure aint gonna keep going through that kind of pain........but more power to ya..............yall got more guts than me!
    Anonymous

• I am totally for it!!! Getting waxed is so much better then trying to shave or use Nair or any of that stuff. Don't get me wrong it is a little painful......but to say it's worse than child birth is a bit of an exaggeration.....and it is definately MUCH MUCH better than having razor burn. The first time is always the worst because your hair is so course....but with each time that you wax your hair will get finer and finer and it will not feel as bad. The first time I went I felt really awkward but the lady made it a very comfortable experience and we just talked the whole time. So I say go for it!!!!
    mnmsmommy06

Answer by mnmsmommy06 at 11:58 PM on Mar. 9, 2009

• I'm a woman..I don't really care if my thang feels like it did before puberty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Mar. 10, 2009